Had a GOOD night.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GreyBeard, Sep 15, 2002.

1. I've been playing my current rig for about 6 years. It consists of a SR5 with maple neck and poplar body. Alembic preamp with EV Dinacord pow-amp and a Hartke 4.5. Other bass players always complement me on my tone. They say that I am always cutting through the mix but never too loud. I have been mildly satisfied with my tone accept for the fact that I think it is too hard at times. So about 4 mo ago I bought a Fender Precision V and a Line6 Pod Pro. This combination with my other stuff sounded just great but the neck on the fender needs some work. So last night I pulled out the old comfortable SR5, hooked up my standard rig and justed added the Line6 Pod into the effects loop of the Alembic. I set the Pod to "Silver Panel" which is suppose to be a "Fender bassman through 15 " JBLs' " , cranked up the treble just a tad, and there it was. When you play it easy it has that smooth sound you want on ballads and when you dig in it kinda of sounds like my old bassman when it just starts to break up, kinda like a bass guitar with a trombone playing in unison.
    The gig was for a Pipe fitters Union and most of them had left before 11:00. We ended up playing for a couple of drunks. The sound I was getting made up for the crappy gig. Last night was a GOOD night.
  2. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I was sure that a Pod pro rocks !