Had a job interview with Mesa/Boogie today...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Yup, apparently my resume impressed them enough for the VP to call me (the recommendation from my pals at Boogie might have helped, too). It went pretty well I think, but they don't have any positions available for now, but that might change in the next couple of weeks. The last guy they hired was 4 years ago, so I am pretty excited about the possibility of scoring the gig.

I'm currently unemployed, so I could really use this dream job. Wish me luck!
  2. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Goodluck, remeber us all when your famous (?).

Out of interest, what kind of work will you be doing there?
  3. Remember to send me gear for only the shipping cost :)
  4. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I will probably be doing play testing at first. Can you imagine being paid $15-$20 an hour to play guitar and bass? Woop! That would be great.

I hope that when I become rich I won't hate poor people like I do now.
  5. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

15-20 dollars an hour will not make you rich.
  6. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

It won't make you be able to afford 3 Fodera's, anyway...

:D :bassist:
  7. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Same thing happened to me recently. They told me that they didn't have any jobs, then called me 2 weeks later and "created" a position for me. I now work for the Australian importer of Music Man, Ernie Ball, OLP, and a few other brands :)

I had a lot of "good luck" vibes sent to me from TBers, so allow me the say GOOD LUCK DUDE!!!!!!
  8. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    hope you land the gig man

9. i would just like to state that i hate you all. you all have these awesome jobs that i would kiill to have. meanwhile i have no job, which means i have no money. people on my **** list

Gard-basscentral bastard
    The guy that drives cadillacs and hummers for a living.
    And now you, for working at mesa-boogie.

i hate you

with a passion

oh wait, im in highschool still :meh:

:p jk of course, good luck man!!!
  10. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Dude it's harder work than it sounds. Please don't think that just because you'r in a music related job, you'll be sitting around all day with a bass in your hand.
  11. Good luck.

wonder if yuo get a discount...
  12. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Good Luck. The closest thing i could possibly do to that would be: getting lucky enough to score a job at the local guitar places, and the job that would force me to quit most of my school bands is when the local dinner theater opens if i got the job playing bass for that, except i'm guessing they'll just use 2-3 synths plus a drummer and maybe a live wind player. That's all
  13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

(Gard goes and peeks in driveway)

...nope, it's still a '93 Honda Civic CX Hatchback, no air conditioning (in FLORIDA :p), dented hood (thanks to someone cutting me off), and balding tires...darn it! :meh:

And Petebass is right, these "cushy" jobs y'all are so jealous of, they ain't so cushy most of the time...of course they do have their good points! :D
  14. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    not yet. I haven't been here long enough to qualify for the staff discounts. I don't think I'll be buying anything anyway - I've already got so much gear I should start selling some of it off........

Some days it's like a real life version of TB. I spent all morning trying to explain to a dealer who should know better that a particular power amp can't run at 2 ohms. He had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.........
  15. lololol, not you man, im talking about the guy that started the thread about "another reason why its good to be me" because he gets to drive luxury cars for a living. ;)

your still a lucky bast*** though :D
  16. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I think he was talking about mister malthumb

*WARNING* if you click this link you might want to kill mister malthumb
  17. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The heck with that! Can I get a discount?!!

Good score on the job BTW.
  18. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Well guys, I don't have the job yet, so don't start lining up for swag just yet. I think I'm a pretty good candidate; usually the VP is too busy to deal with things like calling and interviewing people. The last guy they hired was over 4 years ago. Nobody leaves. You usually have to wait for somebody to die to get in there.

As far as getting and giving discounts... well... Carlos Santana has yet to get a free amp from Boogie, and he's even responsible for their name. You'll be lucky if I can even score you a keychain :D
  19. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    good luck man!

I just want a job.*

*if only I could convince my ass to get up and turn in applications!