Had a lesson with "Bass for Dummies" author...

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Steve Harris Is, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Steve Harris Is

Steve Harris Is

Jul 4, 2005
    Just wanted to post about my excellent lesson with the "Bass for Dummies" author Patrick Pfeiffer...

First of all, he made arrangements for me to come into Manhattan and take a lesson on rather short notice so I appreciated that. It was great to go into the city and know I was going to take one of my first real lessons from someone as accomplished as him, and I have to say it was WELL worth it.

Pat is a great guy, one of the best attitudes of anyone I have met in the music business, bar none. He's funny, down to earth and insanely friendly and that makes the learning environment great.

As for his teaching metods, well, just like the book they are simple enough but very dedicated and thorough. He spent over an hour and a half with me (for a 1 hour price) and gave me some great exercises to work on alone. I was very impressed and would recommend him to anyone in the area.

I also went and watched him play that night and he was stellar, playing a fretless bass in a fashion I can only dream about at this point. Big time thumbs up for this guy.