Had a seizure - bugger!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Johnny BoomBoom, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Well, title says it all. I'm a little bewildered about it all. I threw up, and then took a seizure or fit depending on what you call it. Quite frightening for the singer in the band, whose flat I happened to be staying at. Anyway, she called an ambulance, and I spent my first night in hopsital for over 20 years!

So, now I can only say - bugger!!! I've been told by the consultant that I'm not allowed to drive for 1 year - with the state of the public transport system that should make he 15 miles to work every day interesting. Bugger!!! Also, I have a nice car ad an even better bike now stuck in the garage for a year - bugger!!!

Oh well, might mean I can hang out here more often!!! Or practice bass more often!!!!!
  2. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Dang. :( Take care of yourself. Listen to your doctor!!
  3. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    man that sucks.. I have a friend who has epilepsy. everytime he has a seizure he can't drive for 6 months.. a year seems like a long time though.. sorry to hear that
  4. Hey guys - thanks!!

Gabu - you betcha I'm listening to the doc. I plan on being around her a long time - for my son, for me, for my Girlfriend, for my friends and family - oh, and the last one includes all you guys and gals on Talkbass!!!

Idiezman - sorry to hear about your friend, that must really suck. I haven't been diagnosed epileptic - over here we're 'allowed' one fit/seizure without it being treated as epilepsy!!!! Anyway, I go for a CT scan soon, they'll find out if there's anythign to worry about then!!!

Once again - sheers for the kind words guys!
  5. I live in the dorms here at sdsu *really nice appartment like dorms, 6 rooms, 4 of which are single rooms* Im in a double room, and my roomate has epilepsy. He has had some close calls already so far, but hopefully he wont have a seizure anytime soon.
  6. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    My boyfriends room mate had seizures after her head was bashed in by a ...ahem...friend...so since then, she has had seizures. She can not drive until further notice from the doctor and is not diagnosed as epeleptic (sp). However, they still don't know what is causing them, so that may be why she cannot drive for a while. Anywho, take care of yourself and keep us posted. I am also glad you are going to take your doc seriously.
  7. I used to baby sit for a little boy who had very bad seisures. Some times upwards of 10 a day. But every time I went over there he didn't have a one. Not one. Apparently I was good for him or something.

But he's better now, hasn't had a seisure in almost 3 months. Thank god for doctors.

Rock on
  8. Hey thats a bummer. But look at it this way.... you'll save money on petrol, maintainence and also registration for the car!

By a new bass..