Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Had accident with new amp---please help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Javy, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Javy

Javy

Sep 15, 2000
    I just bought a new Ampeg B-2R head and broke part of it before I ever got to use it. If you're familiar with this amp, you know it's got a graphic EQ biult in. I bumped it with the heel of my shoe while it was sitting on the floor and broke off one of the EQ sliders. I think I can glue it back on with super-glue, but I'll need to open the case to see what I'm doing.

Does anybody know if there's some kind of seal or other device inside this amp that would indicate that the case has been opened? I don't want to do anything that would void the warranty.

Thanks for the information.

Javy

2. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

It probably was already broke. You just barely touched it and the thing fell off. You should take it back and have them replace the whole thing. Period.
    I was in GC last week, and slid the sliders on an ampeg head. The whole board bowed in when I slid one slider. I think it was the 350H head? That thing would fall apart if I had sneezed in there.

3. RichBriere

RichBriere Guest

Jan 1, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Javy........the amp contains "Pinochiometer powder" rather than the old "snoop seal" that they used to use. Should you open the amp yourself, you'll inhale the invisible powder and a special detection device at your Ampeg dealer, the Pinochiometer, will cause your nose to grow when you DO bring it in for warranty service. One look at your enlarged nose and they'll then know that you were lieing about NOT opening the amp yourself. :cool:

My advice: Take your amp back to the dealer, tell them the truth about what happened. Explain to them that you'd like to (THIS PART IS IMPORTANT) "continue doing business with them in the future" and they'll PROBABLY fix it free of charge. Be sure that you're polite and smiling when you use the above quote.

Should you feel uncomfortable doing this, print out this thread and hand it to the store owner. He/She will understand immediately. Your LOCAL dealer is there to HELP you, NOT to make life miserable for you. Trust Me!

Peace,
    RB

:)