Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Had anyone else gotten this?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Aug 19, 2003.

1. I recieved in the mail today a "Thank you" card from Guitar Center, thanking me for being a preferred costumer (Probably because I spent 100 bucks there last week :D (New Envelope filter) ).

It said that when I buy an item over 15.00, I can get a free cable, midi cable, pair of drum sticks, or a pair of guitar strings. Anyway, I think I'll buy a pair of DR Hi-beams (or, any other suggestions by DR?), and use the offer for the guitar strings, since my dad didn't get the offer :D. But did anyone else get this offer?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I haven't, but I damn well should. I've spent enough money at various GCs. :mad:

Actually, last time I had a big purchase they included all the cables and extra accessories I needed for free.

3. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    ive gotten one of those but it came with a five dollar card for the store

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I've gotten one of those a couple of times.

That was what I really liked about Mars. Any time I ever spent more than $50, I would get something like that in the mail a few days later.

5. makohund

makohund

Dec 12, 2002
    Yeah, I've had one of those things from them. It wasn't as good as it sounded...

You don't just get any (cable/strings/whatever), you get one that is specifically designated for filling that coupon.

For example, the cable was one of the cheapest, lousy, pre-formed plastic-y, short, flimsy pieces of junk that I've ever seen anyone dare call an instrument cable. And I picked that over the other options! (Most were of no use to me anyway.) :spit:

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but thought I'd warn you... don't get your heart set on a free set of DRs. :(

6. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
  7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Do bass strings count as guitar strings? Im assuming they do.

8. makohund

makohund

Dec 12, 2002
    Yeah, I know it was free. I shouldn't whine. But it almost wasn't worth even that. A junk cable takes up limited storage space better served by a usable cable.

I almost told them to just forget it. If I hadn't spent an hour driving up there, I probably would have.
    :(