Had anyone else gotten this?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Aug 19, 2003.

1. I recieved in the mail today a "Thank you" card from Guitar Center, thanking me for being a preferred costumer (Probably because I spent 100 bucks there last week :D (New Envelope filter) ).

It said that when I buy an item over 15.00, I can get a free cable, midi cable, pair of drum sticks, or a pair of guitar strings. Anyway, I think I'll buy a pair of DR Hi-beams (or, any other suggestions by DR?), and use the offer for the guitar strings, since my dad didn't get the offer :D. But did anyone else get this offer?
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I haven't, but I damn well should. I've spent enough money at various GCs. :mad:

Actually, last time I had a big purchase they included all the cables and extra accessories I needed for free.
  3. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    ive gotten one of those but it came with a five dollar card for the store
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I've gotten one of those a couple of times.

That was what I really liked about Mars. Any time I ever spent more than $50, I would get something like that in the mail a few days later.
  5. makohund

Dec 12, 2002
    Yeah, I've had one of those things from them. It wasn't as good as it sounded...

You don't just get any (cable/strings/whatever), you get one that is specifically designated for filling that coupon.

For example, the cable was one of the cheapest, lousy, pre-formed plastic-y, short, flimsy pieces of junk that I've ever seen anyone dare call an instrument cable. And I picked that over the other options! (Most were of no use to me anyway.) :spit:

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but thought I'd warn you... don't get your heart set on a free set of DRs. :(
  6. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Do bass strings count as guitar strings? Im assuming they do.
  8. makohund

Dec 12, 2002
    Yeah, I know it was free. I shouldn't whine. But it almost wasn't worth even that. A junk cable takes up limited storage space better served by a usable cable.

I almost told them to just forget it. If I hadn't spent an hour driving up there, I probably would have.