Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

had my first ever gig sat. night

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bassyamaha5, Dec 16, 2002.

1. bassyamaha5

bassyamaha5

Sep 4, 2002
    Hanover, MA
    I finally got my feet wet...was nervous as hell leading up to it, but after the fist two songs, I was thinking to myself...When do we do this again?? the croud loved us, and we got paid very well, so it was a great night...I messed up a few times but was able to get right back on without anyone noticing...will have some pics in tyhe next few days...

2. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    That's all it's about. Live performance (IMO) is 5% skill, 5% sound/equipment, and 90% ability "to get right back on without anyone noticing".

Good for you! Congrats.

3. bassyamaha5

bassyamaha5

Sep 4, 2002
    Hanover, MA
    thank you, we just got booked for 2 more gigs there, and three other places also, now I just need to work on a better bass rig, and getting some more confidence in my playing

4. Congrats on the first gig bassyamaha5!!!!

Kinda fun, huh?

:cool:

B

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    It's great stuff, lost my virginity coupla weeks ago.. Oh, and our first gig on the same day went well too :p

Just kidding.. It wasen't our first gig.

Thank you, I'll be here whole week :D

6. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    i had my first gig with my band saturday night also. it went great and the crowd really dug our tunes (especially 'Ol Man Whiskey' where we buy a bottle of Jack and give shots to the crowd). the bar did so much business (our band seems to draw a lot of drinkers...) that we got a $100 bonus :D . i'll post some pics when i get a chance

7. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
  8. bassyamaha5

bassyamaha5

Sep 4, 2002
    Hanover, MA
    pictures are finally up on our site, not great, but decent enough to see a little, I'm not sure how to insert a link, but it's on www.proudshovel.com
    check us out, and for anyone nervous about their first gig, it's nothing, have a few beers, and pretend your playing for your friends in the practice room

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This rules.