1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Had Roger Waters 5 feet in front of me and couldn't talk to him. ARG!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by davidjbass, Aug 1, 2012.

1. I work security for Fenway Park and worked the Roger Waters The Wall concert back a couple of weeks ago. I got there early and was able to see the whole sound check. What an experience. G.E. Smith is playing with Roger. Anyways when going back after the sound check to clock in who did I have walking 5 feet in front of me but Roger himself. I couldn't say hi to him, couldn't ask him for his autograph or even take a picture with him because of my work rules. What torture.

But I got to see the concert from a great vantage point. And it was a great show. Here are a couple of pics. The one straight on was during sound check. If you look closely you can the band on stage. And the one from the side is where I was stationed during the show. If you are a Pink Floyd, Roger Waters and The Wall fan like me and you have a chance to see the concert do so. It's well worth it.

2. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I saw this show in Dallas a couple of years ago...and, well...Wow...what a great show!...the band was incredible (GE was there, and Snowy White)...

3. odin70

odin70

Dec 26, 2007
    Lucky you. I hope he will bring the show back to Europe. Saw it twice last year. What a show!!

4. rob4001va

rob4001va

Apr 1, 2007
    Northern VA
    Saw it in DC.
    Amazing show.
    Hands down the best theatrical spectacle ever, IMO.
    And some damned fine music.

And made me modify my Netflix queue to re-watch the movie....

5. Man what a bummer :( I would have really been tempted.