Had the best 21st Birthday!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ldiezman, Mar 24, 2003.

1. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Might be lengthy

So Sunday March 23rd was my 21st birthday. It just so happens the I was playing in a battle of the Bands last night also. and well... My Band WON!!! it was really nice to win. All the other bands were really cool people and after we played they all told us we had won. We just went in and had a good time and what not.

We were the only R$B, funk, soul band there.. but the other bands were good.

When they announced the winner, the owner of the club got me to come up on stage where he proceeded to tell the crowd of how I had the worst sounding demo-cd ever (which is true).. We haven't had the time or money to record one so we just took the sound from a camcorder and used that instead.. but hey.. I do what I can...

Its a very excellent feeling to win. There are 10 preliminary rounds, 2 semi-finals nights, and a grand finals night. So we still have a ways to go yet.. but i'm feeling good about everything at the moment.

I was nominated for best bassist, and my guitarist was nominated for best guitartist.. we will see how all this unfolds later... I thought I would tell you guys... hope you didn't mind :)
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Cool, Lman!

3. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London

Hope it goes further than winning the contest :)
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    So do I. I got alot of business Cards from other Clubs and recording studios last night. so we'll see
  5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, congratulations man. that's great. :cool:
  6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
  7. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    Congrats brah.. :D
    Nomination for best bassist, wow dude that pretty cool.

Happy birthday!

EDIT:... I didn't know that ldiez was an L.. I thought it was an I. hmm wow.. Ldiezman I get it now. Word!
  8. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Awesome man!!!!, If you have any concerts in columbia let me know. I will stuff the ballot box for you ;) .
  9. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    will do. After talking with the owner of this club, he really wanted us to do more as a band.. We have a gig setup there in 2 weeks and he is having an agency come down to look at us.. if all goes well, we might be signing on with a very reputable booking agency based out of Charlotte:bassist:
  10. Was i the only one opening the thread thinking this was gonna be about an all night drinking party? But winning a contest is even cooler! :cool:

and happy birthday dude
  11. I thought the same thing.
  12. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Sorry if you guys were dissappointed.. and While I did consume My share of alchohal for the evening.. I did not get drunk... It was spread out throughout the night...:)