Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Had this problem with your Alembic F1X?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mchildree, Dec 22, 2004.

1. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    My F1X was working fine a week ago, but after using it on a weekend gig, it's developed a buzz at the 1/4" full range output. Not 60-cycle hum, but more of a buzz. The same buzz is not present at the XLR-out either pre or post eq. I replaced the tube, but no change. It's loud enough that I can't use the full-range out on a a gig.

Anybody seen this before, or have any ideas?

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    I'm no tech, but it sounds like a very simple fix. I assume that the high and low outs are buzz free as well? I have always found alembic to be very helpful, and it's a good chance they could give you a possible Dx or 2 and have you send it to them, or a good service center/repairman.

3. Lonnybass

Lonnybass Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2000
    Minneapolis by way of Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    Hi Mike-

I encountered a similar problem a couple years back. Mica's simple recommendation to me was to recycle an input jack maybe 15 or 20 times in and out of the plug - she said that sometimes the contacts need a little bit of extra friction to keep them clean and working properly. Give it a shot.

Lonnybass

4. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I'll try that, LonnyBass.....thanks for the info!

5. Lonnybass

Lonnybass Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2000
    Minneapolis by way of Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    You got it sir. Glad I could help. Let me know how it works out.

Lonnybass
    www.theparamours.com

6. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I was just having a similar problem (along with loss of volume) with mine and I was told to cycle the effects loop jacks (!) about 30-40 times. Cured the problem.