Had this problem with your Alembic F1X?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mchildree, Dec 22, 2004.

1. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    My F1X was working fine a week ago, but after using it on a weekend gig, it's developed a buzz at the 1/4" full range output. Not 60-cycle hum, but more of a buzz. The same buzz is not present at the XLR-out either pre or post eq. I replaced the tube, but no change. It's loud enough that I can't use the full-range out on a a gig.

Anybody seen this before, or have any ideas?

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    I'm no tech, but it sounds like a very simple fix. I assume that the high and low outs are buzz free as well? I have always found alembic to be very helpful, and it's a good chance they could give you a possible Dx or 2 and have you send it to them, or a good service center/repairman.

3. Lonnybass

Lonnybass Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2000
    Minneapolis by way of Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    Hi Mike-

I encountered a similar problem a couple years back. Mica's simple recommendation to me was to recycle an input jack maybe 15 or 20 times in and out of the plug - she said that sometimes the contacts need a little bit of extra friction to keep them clean and working properly. Give it a shot.

Lonnybass

4. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I'll try that, LonnyBass.....thanks for the info!

5. Lonnybass

Lonnybass Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2000
    Minneapolis by way of Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    You got it sir. Glad I could help. Let me know how it works out.

Lonnybass
    www.theparamours.com

6. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I was just having a similar problem (along with loss of volume) with mine and I was told to cycle the effects loop jacks (!) about 30-40 times. Cured the problem.