1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Had to go with the Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SDGRfreak, Apr 2, 2006.

1. hey, hows everybody, good? good.

Despite all of the positive feedback on spectors i had to go with the SR905. I feel its just a better bass for the $. Both are neck through but the spector only has a 3 ply neck (maple/maple/maple) while the SR has has 5 (maple/bubinga/maple/babinga/maple). The black chrome hardware on the Sr is a step up from the painted black hardware on the spector. The only thing i was worried about was the Bartolini MK-1 pickups on the SR. I owned a Cort B5 with the same pickups and they sounded like ****. Of course the Cort was bolt on with really heavy dense wood, i dont think that helped. The Sr pulls it off though, the pickups sound really deep and bright, i think the neck thru and string thru design really helps. Any how i cant wait to try it out at practise tonite, gonna break the cherry on 'er.

Later.

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    OMG! No you didn't! How could you??? Are you NUTZ!!!

OK, just kidding. Congrats on the new bass. I was kind eyeballin' your thread about the SR905 thinking it looked real sweet. My local Ibanez dealer doesn't have any of the higher end ones in his store to check out though. Fortunately I was able to trade my Fender for a Czech Spector so I'm happy and not out any cash. I'd still like to play one of those sometime to see what they are like. btw I used to own an SR885 that I never should have gotten rid of. Enjoy your new bass and, oh yeah, post pictures.

3. It's always exciting getting a new bass !! Congrats and enjoy playing !!

4. BassDerek

BassDerek

Aug 15, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    I've been eyeballing one of those at my local shop...

5. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I played one of those at a local store. I thought is was really nice. I really liked the flat finish on it. Looked really sweet.
    Plus I like Bartolini electronics.

Enjoy it.

6. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    I was gonna get that one, but I was a little short on cash. Wow, lucky you, that is one of my dream basses

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I actually would have made the same decision as you did. The 905 is a good bass.