Had to share good fortune...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blueszilla, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    A few months ago my boss asked me to help out some friends of his who were setting up a real estate business/office. I ordered the computers and peripherals for a less than 10 user peer-to-peer network and got them going, took a couple afternoons. The boss said they would pay me, but today I got lunch at a nice local seafood restaurant (can you say jumbo shrimp?) and a $250 gift certificate to Grandma's Music (http://www.grandmas.com/), our local gear shop.

I'm so lucky, HEHEHEHE! Who needs a kiss? :p

2. that's awesome, congrats

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Way cool junior!! Whatcha gonna buy?

-Mike

4. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    After thinking it over a bit, I'm considering selling the cheap conga drum I have and buying a better quality set with a stand. If I get good enough, I might be able to get gigs as a percussionist as well. What do you think?

How about you guys give me some suggestions? I am looking at this as just-for-fun money to spend.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Well, you already have the two things I was going to suggest...Nordstrand pickups, and an iAMP. :)

The drum idea sounds like a good one. What about a pedal of some kind?

-Mike

6. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    I don't know about any pedals. I've only used them for the g*$#&@r rig. I guess I never found a use for them in the settings I'm used to playing, at least with bass.

BTW, how do you like your Jazz with the nordstrands? Those NJ4's are hot for a passive pickup. I really like the tone.

7. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Bump.

I ended up getting a set of LP congas with a stand, on sale! I think they are an entry level set, but they sound and look pretty good to me. I'm thinking of taking a lesson or two.

:cool:

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    It's an understatement to say I love them.

Nice purchase. I would like to get a set of those as well.

-Mike