Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Had to share good fortune...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blueszilla, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    A few months ago my boss asked me to help out some friends of his who were setting up a real estate business/office. I ordered the computers and peripherals for a less than 10 user peer-to-peer network and got them going, took a couple afternoons. The boss said they would pay me, but today I got lunch at a nice local seafood restaurant (can you say jumbo shrimp?) and a $250 gift certificate to Grandma's Music (http://www.grandmas.com/), our local gear shop.

I'm so lucky, HEHEHEHE! Who needs a kiss? :p

2. that's awesome, congrats

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Way cool junior!! Whatcha gonna buy?

-Mike

4. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    After thinking it over a bit, I'm considering selling the cheap conga drum I have and buying a better quality set with a stand. If I get good enough, I might be able to get gigs as a percussionist as well. What do you think?

How about you guys give me some suggestions? I am looking at this as just-for-fun money to spend.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Well, you already have the two things I was going to suggest...Nordstrand pickups, and an iAMP. :)

The drum idea sounds like a good one. What about a pedal of some kind?

-Mike

6. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    I don't know about any pedals. I've only used them for the g*$#&@r rig. I guess I never found a use for them in the settings I'm used to playing, at least with bass.

BTW, how do you like your Jazz with the nordstrands? Those NJ4's are hot for a passive pickup. I really like the tone.

7. Blueszilla

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Bump.

I ended up getting a set of LP congas with a stand, on sale! I think they are an entry level set, but they sound and look pretty good to me. I'm thinking of taking a lesson or two.

:cool:

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    It's an understatement to say I love them.

Nice purchase. I would like to get a set of those as well.

-Mike