1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Had to share: Only for dreamers and wannabe's

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mjwhit, Apr 9, 2009.

1. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Translation:
    "I suck and can't find a band to join. If you suck too, maybe you'll suck worse than me and I'll feel better about myself. We can hang out together and pretend that we don't suck. If nothing else, we can at least tell people that we're in a band, and maybe chicks will like us."

;)

Kidding. There's plenty of bands that DO suck AND make tons of money. Maybe this guy will be next.

2. I think its a much better attitude than some people have.

How many times have you seen adds that are like:
    "Im 17 and looking to be the next big thing. Im the most talented musician I know and am trying to find band members who are simularly gifted. I am planning a world tour and already have a big passion for music blah blah blah..."

At least hes being realistic and looking for passionate players.
    They might not get any REALLY good players, but chances are hes going to get a few decent replies.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    What do you mean by an "open minded rock band"? :eyebrow:

-Mike

4. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    It means:
    "You accept my suckiness, and I'll accept yours." See? Open-minded.

;)

5. Fall Out Boy and ICP are living proof you can suck and make money.

The only way to stop this is to make them a dead, horrible example of what happens when you go swimming and leave your concrete shoes on.

6. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Well at least it's an honest ad. I'd try it out if I was looking for a band (or living within 100 miles, for example).

7. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    This is a lot better than the typical craigslist fair you see ad nauseum though. Any ad that makes you stop and read it and amuses for more than a few seconds is a good thing. Well...usually. I think it says something about the creativity of the person creating it, no?

8. Hey, ICP is funny! As soon as they realize we are not laughing with them, however, things might fall off even further for them.