Had to share...What does bass weigh?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by murphy, Jul 18, 2019.

1. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    I responded to a jazz bass for sale on local craigslist type site...Kijiji
    Here it is....

Squire Jazz Bass
    $350.00

Me:- "Are you able to tell me the weight of this? Thank you...made in China?"

Seller:- "The weight of the bass. Are you serious?? Why don't you phone Fender or Long & Mcqiade and ask that question so they can laugh in your face!"

Me:- "Wow...what a charmer you are.....it is standard practice to list weights of basses these days for various reasons.....Common in bass player community......Thanks for your helpful and informative response. ...All the best...I'll keep my cash"

T

Plake and geowis like this.
  2. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Do us all a favour make nice and go look at it in person....so you can knock him out in person.

murphy likes this.
  3. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Translation: over 11 pounds.

Templar, Plake, jd56hawk and 4 others like this.
  4. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    South Bend, Indiana
    Maybe you should give all of us his phone number - so we can ask the same question. And, since most of us are not Canadians, we probably won't feel the need to be polite in our response....:whistle:

jd56hawk and murphy like this.
  5. Yonni

Yonni

Oct 31, 2016
    Scotland
    This is what we did when someone found my friends phone. We invented a fictitious company and kept calling it up and asking daft questions and where our shipments were etc. Making out that people were losing money as they weren’t returning our calls etc. End result: they posted it back to the owner.

murphy likes this.
  6. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    It's true all Canadians are polite....like Bob Probert for example.

bob-probert.jpg

charlie monroe likes this.
  7. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    South Bend, Indiana
    I bet he's saying "Oh.. sorry about that, eh?";)

Jeff Bonny, murphy and charlie monroe like this.
  8. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Should've responded with "Okay, then, here's one Fender can't answer...how much does your wife weigh, more than your living-room sofa?"

murphy likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021