Hadean vs. Aklot vs. Batking Best Cheap U Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lenny JG, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Lenny JG

Lenny JG

Aug 3, 2019
    USA
    I'm currently looking for a cheap fretless u bass to carry w/ me to work. I've narrowed it down to 3 choices.

Hadean - Truss rod, back plate, no bag or strap. $160

Aklot - Truss rod, no back plate, includes bag and strap. $160

Batking - No truss rod, back plate, includes bag. $200

Also open to suggestions

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  2. Lenny JG

Lenny JG

Aug 3, 2019
    USA
    I'm leaning towards the Aklot, I feel like I don't mind reaching through the hole to change strings (if I'll ever need to)

3. I’m thinking about getting one too in the near future. For me, the most important part is the truss rod, because I sold (for cheap) my previous u-bass because the neck would have needed one during season changes. So I’d rule out the Batking.
    And well… a bag is really useful! You’ll probably carry the instrument around more often than you change the strings. The Aklot seems a wise choice.

Just to share more experience, my previous u-bass I had, the intonation is not always spot. The next I’ll get will be a fretless, I’ll only have me to blame for the intonation. So fretless is good choice.

Let me know if you get the Aklot. I’d like to know how they really are.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    Lenny JG likes this.
  4. salmon256

salmon256

Jul 10, 2021
    NY
    While looking around today for post on this brand, I just got my Bamboo Aklot. I'm not into spending money as I don't have much but I'm in the middle with it. I have tried no other Ubass and only tried a Kala at GC but forgot how it felt. I feel though not too into it, I may return it back, the electronics are questionable to me. Best of luck!

Lenny JG likes this.
  5. Lenny JG

Lenny JG

Aug 3, 2019
    USA
    I ended up finding a fretless hadean through a fellow TB member and so far I like it a lot, but I feel like the intonation is a touch funny. Overall very cool though.

salmon256 likes this.
  6. salmon256

salmon256

Jul 10, 2021
    NY
    Similar to my problem I found on it! I think Haden is a lot better, but it's a fun thing to mess with!

Lenny JG likes this.