1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Haden, Patitucci, McBride, & Holland in SoCal

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by bassdude93003, Nov 29, 2006.

1. FYI!!!!

1.Charlie Haden and Quartet West - tonight (11/29/06) in Santa Barbara at the Lobero Theatre. www.lobero.com

2. John Patitucci/Brian Blade/Adam Rogers Jan 3 - 7, 2007 Los Angeles Jazz Bakery. www.jazzbakery.com

3. A Tribute to Ray Brown with Christian McBride, Benny Green and Greg Hutchinson. Thursday, January 18, 2007 at 8 p.m. Santa Barbara Lobero Theatre.

4. Jim Hall/Dave Holland Duo Friday, February 16, 2007 at 8 p.m. Santa Barbara Lobero Theatre.

2. wish I weren't in FL.

3. Jake

Jake

Dec 11, 1999
    Florida
    I need to call my buddy in LA and ask him if I can crash on his couch for a while!

4. jazzbassnerd

jazzbassnerd

Aug 26, 2002
    wow, thanks so much for that info. I love the Bakery and I'll actually be home on break from school ... gotta try to see that show.

5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Charlie's scheduled for a presentation over at Gage's on January 12th...

6. jsbarber

jsbarber

Jun 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Did anybody here get to see Dave Holland and Jim Hall? I'd be interested in hearing how it was...

Jim

7. They were absolutely great! They played a mixture of their own tunes and standards - 2 sets with an intermission. DH brought his real bass, too (he told us he has a travel one, too). They were also gracious enough to do a Q & A session right after their sound check a couple of hours before the show. They offered some great insights in to music, practicing, etc. If you get a chance to see them sometime, go for it!!!!