Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hafler p7000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowrez, Apr 7, 2005.

1. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    any comments or reviews on the Hafler p7000 power amp? I am considering going the power/pre route,
    and am just starting my homework but don't see anything on these on here. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
  3. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Several of us TB'ers have P-3000s. I used mine for many years as my primary bass amp. I had a DH-200 before that. When my P-3000 finally failed, I had a rather unsatisfying experience with factory service. It took a couple of tries for them to fix it, and I think they eventually just replaced both power amp modules. Rockford Fosgate doesn't inspire a lot of confidence for me, but YMMV. I no longer trust the amp for gigging, but it still sounds great as a recording monitor amp.

Regardless of all the audiophile hype, I find my QSC PLX and Crown K2 amps to sound very bit as nice for bass and of course both of those are far more powerful than the P-3000. The P-7000 has fan cooling, which negates any perceived reasons to buy one, for me. At least you might get away without needing breathing room in your rack though, which would be good. Modern Haflers have tended to run hot in my experience, and I rarely went below 8 ohm stereo loads using mine. If you get one, please let us know your results, I've been curious about that amp myself.