1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Hagstrom Beluga II - F semi hollow-body w/ Gorgeous flame maple top.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JugbandBlues, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. JugbandBlues

JugbandBlues Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Price:
    $339
    Strings:
    It's with a heavy heart that I put my beloved Hagstrom up for sale. These are rare, I think they were only made for a couple of years. There's 2 Beluga III F on ebay at the moment for $1200 each. The finish of this bass is absolutely stunning. The Beluga 2 F is the semi-hollow-bodied variant of the series standard Beluga II model and is very hard to find. Except for the difference in body construction, these two are the same. Beluga II F comes with a semi-hollow body made of mahogany back and flame maple top along with an F hole. If you've ever played a Hagstrom then you know how thin and incredibly fast they are and this is no exception. The Resinator fingerboard is great.

Medium jumbo frets, TUSQ nut and custom inlays complete the fingerboard, massive string-through hardtail bridge, die-cast Hagstrom tuners and H-Expander truss rod.

Now onto the electronics: This thing is a beast! It has 2 Two Dyna Rail 1025H humbuckers. You can split the humbuckers and get a mix of single coils and humbucker tones, allowing you to get any sound you can think of. There's a 6 way rotary pickup selector, a master volume, stacked bass and treble knobs, and stacked mids knob. The top one is cut/boost and the bottom one is mid frequency. The Active/Passive switch is fantastic. Next to the switch on the back of the bass, there's an adjustable screw which I think is the gain for the preamp. I just put on some fresh DR Sunbeams and it plays and sounds fantastic. One of the most versatile basses out there! Inludes padded Fender gigbag. Need to sell ASAP! Price is $339 + shipping obo.

I'll consider trades for camera gear and other electronics. I'll also consider a partial trade for a pc recording interface since my M-Audio crapped out, some good computer speakers, some good headphones/earphones, an audio recorder such as a Tascam or Zoom, or for a cheap guitar or bass (like an SX).

bass1.jpg
    bass2.jpg
    bass3.jpg
    bass.jpg

2. kkaarrll

kkaarrll

Jun 1, 2014
    what is nut width and scale length

3. blacktocomm

blacktocomm Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2013
    The mountains
    PM

4. JugbandBlues

JugbandBlues Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I'll measure the nut when I get a chance but I think it's 1.5". It's a 34" scale.

5. cdbrewer99

cdbrewer99 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Colorado
    Pm’d

6. fuz74

fuz74 Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    The Canadian Midwest
    Tone chaser...
    Pm'd

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021