1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hagstrom Swede / Ampeg Patch 2000 Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

2. It seems like an early Synth system. There is a guitar/bass that goes with it I'm not sure if you need it or not. Here is the you tube video that they had in the auction that talks about it.

There is also a white box behind him on the amp and I think that might be part of the system also.

3. Love those shoes, that is an Oberheim sound module used for the synth sounds. It is a pre-midi control voltage converter that can control a pre-midi vintage synth unit with a CV in. An important step in the evolution of synth guitars and basses but with a lot of issues, it is a lot like the ARP Avatar or early Roland units.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

Whoah the shoes of that guy in the video!
    It seems to work more like a Peavey Dynabass, with sensors in the frets.

5. There are several instruments that work off of that system like the Peavey bass and even earlier the GuitOrgan instruments and the later SynthAxe instruments.

6. That's cool looking - def. never seen one before...

7. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    not sure how useful it would be, but man that would be a real eye turner on a board

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Holy moly! I have seen three or four of the Swede basses with the onboard electronics and connectors for the synth, but they were all missing the synth part. Seeing the synth part itself for sale is like seeing a unicorn humping the pope!