1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

hagstrom swede controls q

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tony moore, Apr 10, 2010.

1. i picked up a hagstrom swede bass on ebay recently and have a q on its controls. there are two 3 way switches. one for the pickups and another that affects the tone, even tho' each pickup has its own tone knob. does anyone know exactly what this switch does?

btw, this thing sounds huge!

thanks,

tony

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Tony, the lower toggle switch is for pickup selection. The upper bout toggle switch is to split the pickup coils to either series or parallel. The middle position is straight humbucker.

Hope that helps.

TD

3. thanks thornton! that make perfect sense for what i was hearing. very versatile bass and i wasn't expecting that. unlike most basses with this many options, everything i'm hearing is usable.

thanks again,

tony

4. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Netherlands
    Huh, I had the exact same question. I thought the swede had soapbars, but they are actual splittable humbuckers? Cool.

So how does that work? Up is pu's single coil and pickups in series with eachother?, middle is the two coils of a pu in series with eachother and down is parallel?

But if you have only one pu selected, wouldn't there be no sound when you put the switch up? Cuz there is only one pu on?