1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HaHa - Cummins Diesel Power !

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by buzzbass, Sep 29, 2008.

1. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    So I go out to pick up a Sub & Calzone for the family last night. Pizzeria parking lot is packed. So I back into a spot @ the store across the lot. What I didn't see was one of those steel parking barriers that they sink into the ground to protect a wall or doorway. You know the kind, 3-4" steel pipe sunk straight into the ground and filled with cement. Anyone who's driven a Ram 2500 4x4 will tell you that you can't see **** behind you, while backing up. Especially a 3 ft black pipe mounted in front of brown bricks. Yep, I hit it. Actually, it was just tall enough to slip under my rear bumper and hang up the back of the truck. Tried rocking it back & forth, but with one tire slightly lifted, all it would do is spin. So, I pull it down into 4wd. and gas it. All of sudden I hear a loud bang and I'm free. Uh oh, ***, I snapped off my bumper. Nope ! I go out to see said barrier on the ground rolling out from underneath the truck. That's right, with a little 4x4 traction, I snapped the pipe right off at it's base. I have no idea how far it goes into the ground, but it was a nice clean break, LOL. The bumper is slightly tweaked a bit now, but I don't care. the truck is a beater anyway and already had some bumps on it. Don't mess with the Cummins/Ram, or you'll get the horns

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    :D awesome!

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Nice!!!

There is a banner ad for Auto Truck Toys in this thread for me with what looks to be a 2002 or 2003 Ram in the ad. I gotta stay away from that website. I thought I would be safe at TalkBass since I sure ain't over at DT. :D

-Mike

4. HaHa Notlookingwhereyouregoing.

5. mfgl

mfgl

Jul 1, 2008
    Altoona PA
    I believe the truck has the power....what surprises me is the bumper bolts held.

6. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Pics or it didn't happen.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Awesome.

Those lollicolumns are not as well built as they look. Add a bit of rust, they'll snap fairly easy.

8. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    or, that the bumper didn't bend., actually, the bumper was resting on the top of the pole. the pole never actually slipped completely behind the bumper. I would've been screwed if that happened. It's great to have a beater vehicle, that you don't care what happens to it :)

9. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    that's probably what happened in my case. They are pretty old looking.

10. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    gotta love torque :cool:

11. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    hehe. it's just fun where i live during the winter ... i live on about 1/4 mile of dirt road that never gets plowed. i drive a v8 ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 .. doesn't phase me ..

everybody else on the street hates it.

12. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    i remember one time i was at the dunes and there was a full size dodge truck hung up on some sand so i pulled him out.

a 128hp 4x4 toyota v6 pulled out a 4x4 4 door longbed cummins powered dodge.

that was cool.

13. This one time, I remembered to look out my rear window.

That was cool.

14. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I stopped reading at cummins.

I lol'd

15. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Issues of impracticality aside, whenever I see a bigass lifted diesel truck with giant tires and smokestacks I think... "damn, that's a sweet truck"

16. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    mine is pretty much stock looking, all the money goes into my hot rod instead :hyper:

I present proof of my crazed rampage :)

17. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    What year is your truck? My father backed into a stump at probably 1-2 MPH last week and his 2006 Silverado's bumper exploded.

Excellent mild destruction. Directly after the initial bang, I probably would have poo'd a little. Have you spoken at all to the store owner or management?

18. buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    2001 Ram, and yes. he said don't worry about it, he walks into it at least 2x a week, he said he won't miss it not being there, LOL. :)

19. Georynn

Georynn

Dec 4, 2007
    Memphis,Tn
    Lets hear it for Dodge power! (well torque really...)

Some of those turbo diesel's will jerk your house out into the middle of your street...

Bud of mine has a propane injected diesel 83 power wagon that has to be the most redneck ride I've ever seen... Camouflage... Ugly as heck

sounds like a demon when he fires it up too... It probably would have just scared the damn pole into snapping off...

Damn, I just realized I'm a redneck...

20. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    what did you do with that flute, Mikey?