1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

haha, omg you won't believe the text this drummer just sent me

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Twiggy Jr., Sep 18, 2008.

1. Twiggy Jr.

Twiggy Jr.

Nov 17, 2005
    Oklahoma
    so i live on a campus, and am working on getting a cover band together
    i had met a drummer right before summer break (he's out of school, got his own business, etc) and told him i'd keep his number b/c from what he says pretty solid (playing nineteen years, schooling in LA for four years, studied under some dude named shapiro, and a few others i can't remember...plays jazz, fusion, etc)...
    anyways, i had told him i'm looking for a singer/guitarist and was when i found one i'd get something set up...he said cool...well, come to find out my good friend (who is a great guitarist, and not at all a gui****) wants to sing, too...he's pretty solid at that
    so i call the drummer (up until this point i had been calling/texting him once a week to let him know how things have been going) and we set up our first practice...this was tuesday, and i set up the practice for today (thurs) @ 4pm...so last night i ordered take out from pita pit, throw my second pita in my fridge for breakfast.
    wake up this morning at ten, eat, do some studying, lay down to take a nap...and wake up at like noon, having to fly to the bathroom...dang pita didn't hold well over night
    anyways, AS SOON AS I KNEW I WASN'T GONNA MAKE IT, at 12:15 i text both guys and say "sorry, had some bad food this morning, am gonna have to chill near a toilet and really hate that i won't be able to make it today...if you're still down to jam tmw or sat, let me know"
    my guitarist is like "no prob dude, feel better"
    and the drummer just said "ok"
    soooooo, fast forward, it's ten at night, feeling better, and sent the drummer a text..."again, sorry about today, wanna get together tmw at 4?"
    his response?
    "not at all
    6 bands called me this week
    u $*%&'ed up"
    so i respond
    "wow, my bad on being sick dude. good luck w/ the bands and lemme know when you play, i'll come check it out"
    him
    "no prob but don't #%*& with peoples (sic) time"
    me
    "again, didn't plan on being sick. Take it easy."
    him
    "tell that to letterman, been there already"
    wow
    man, i mean i can understand how he could get upset, but seriously? i mean i've been in my fair share of bands where the musicians are flaky (and i have NEVER, and will never be one), and he should realize i'm the one that's putting this together, so it's something i want, just life's little bad timing...actually, i believe it's some sort of a sign that it's better that we didn't try to get one together
    i guess, another thing...is that just kinda cocky on his part? like it's a huge loss that HE's not the one to beat the drums for us? actually, the more i think about it, i guess the better it is gonna be...i can't stand cockiness
    i mean, i live on a campus...drummers are a dime a dozen, and good drummers are a dime a.....nickel? :)
    wow, that just blew my mind

2. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    u $*%&'ed up

:bag:

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Eh, if he's that much of a jerk, what happens when a real difficult situation comes up? Better to be rid of him.

May he get explosive diarrhea at a show.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That's god's way of letting you know that hooking up with him would have been a major %#&*-up.

5. At least you didn't have the bowel movement at his house

6. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    That's god's way of telling you not to eat pita pit unless you have a couple days to kill on the crapper.

7. Twiggy Jr.

Twiggy Jr.

Nov 17, 2005
    Oklahoma
    yeah, i just talked to the singer/guitarist (who actually is a drummer first) and he agreed, it's probably better cuz this guy is probably a cocky s.o.b.
    so i've got another singer/guitarist lined up, and the original singer guitarist is gonna drum...we just need to find a place to put his drums...we are thinking store them in his dorm room, then conduct practices just anywhere outside on campus we can :)
    and thanx for the words of agreement w/ the first drummer being a jack@$$...i was hoping it just wasn't me

8. Twiggy Jr.

Twiggy Jr.

Nov 17, 2005
    Oklahoma
    haha, pita pit is good, it's just the left over stuff that is suspect
    and it's not the dropping a deuce, heck, even though we're in oklahoma, we have toilets
    i didn't want to suddenly up chuck all over my gear or his house

9. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    Consider what a PITA he was (yeah, it's a bad pun), taking a dump in his kick drum might have been a nice statement. :bag:

Forget him. You don't want to be in a band with a drummer like that.

10. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Fixed it. :)

11. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Band Management and your bowels somehow don't
    play much here.

Take the pink pills, and make your gigs.

Edit:
    Save the deuce comments for OT, I don't want that here.

re-opened