Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HAHA! Radioehad won the best album ever, what a joke!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Apr 19, 2005.

1. AHAH! I TV channel in the Uk just released it's 'top 100 albums of all time', and Radiohead-Ok Computer, came first. What a joke! Also, Nirvana and U2 were in the top 3......what are they doing there? they are crap too. *rant mode off* Just though i'd share my utter disgust with you......

2. Well, just because you don't like 'em....

but it IS a good album. To me anyway.

Kickin off another 5 pager, eh Nick?

3. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Yep, it should have been Slipknot. :meh:

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I think he's mad cos NickleBack didn't get all three spots.

Ray

5. No, slipknot are no where near good enough to be in the top 100. I mean, I only liek them a bit, I'm not a huge fan of them, i just like SOME of their stuff. I just saw U2 and though 'Runrig do what you do, but 100 times better. Remember when runrig supproted U2 at Murreyfield? Who were the crowd cheering for? Runrig. Says it all. Alice In Chains etc, better than Nirvana, doing the same thing at the same time, just better.

6. alibloke

alibloke

Dec 17, 2004
    Bristol, England
    :eek: Ermmm, dude, if Nirvana, Radiohead and U2 "disgust" you, what the fudge do you class as good music!? :rollno:

:help:

7. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    1) Anything by Runrig
    2) Nickleback
    3) Slipknot

Thats how it should be! Forget U2 who revolutionized the business and have been going strong for 20+ years and have tickets to their show selling for thousands on ebay. And forget Nirvana who's influence is unquestionable and well I won't comment on radiohead cause I don't really like them nor know muh about them but they are "good" maybe not 1st but... AAnd I'm sure it wasn't top ALBUMS of all time, most likely top 100 *alternative* or some other type of genre of album of all time.....

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Oh no... please no... you didn't ask... :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: EVERYONE HIDEEEEEE!!!!!!! :bag:
    :bag:

Ray

9. Alright here goes. Runrig, Nickelback, Wishbone Ash, Slipknot, Pantera, Alice In Chains, The Offspring, Muse, RATM, Audioslave, Thornley, Puddle Of Mudd, etc. Yo uwant me to go on?

10. i do!

11. Don;t forget how Runrig have been going over 30 years, were the first Gaelic rock band, played the biggest ever concert in Scotland for one band(50000 people, at Loch Lomond, 1991), and are still selling 7000+ people arenas, and realising new material. Nirvana are crap. They are simple, boring, and rubbish.

12. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    And you are ignorant.

Ray

13. alibloke

alibloke

Dec 17, 2004
    Bristol, England

Well Im with you on RATM, Muse and Audioslave, but the others aren't really my thing. I don't think I'd rate OK Computer as my best of all time either, but to me its still a very good album at least.....

Oh well, each to their own I guess!! :bassist:

14. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    The over under is 3 pages. (The mods have been paying more attention to Nick threads lately)

15. I think you are correct. Now link me that tanlines thread. :D

16. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    OK....taste is a subjective thing. I understand that. I just wanted to be clear though, you are saying Nickelback and Puddle of Mud are good, right?

17. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    and how many people around the world know who runrig is... and how many know U2....its okay to say you don't like nirvana but calling them rubbish is retarded...respect what they've done.

18. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
  19. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA