Haha! Seinfeld...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Petary791, May 5, 2005.

1. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm talking to my friend on the phone and in the background he hears "You can't hold no groove if you ain't got no pocket" and he goes, "Dude are you watching Seinfeld?!"

What a guy! I just thought that was hilarious and I wanted to share it with you guys. :)
  2. Alowishus

Feb 28, 2005
    I get that seinfeld comment all the time. When you actually play the theme, thats when it realy gets bad.
  3. nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Sorry for maybe stupid post, but every now and then you guys mention Seinfeld theme, and in our neck of woods we have no idea what that particular song is about (yeah we are that happy!! not that we don't have other ear candies..)

Any link to soundclip? :ninja:
  4. Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    Ditto, I haven't the foggiest about Seinfield yet I hear it mentioned all the time.
  5. Slurm

Jan 9, 2005
    ive lost count the amount of times im asked to play it. "man that sounds like seinfield, play seinfield" tis funny stuff.
  6. Seinfeld is a TV show from the 90's, arguably the best. The theme song was made with a keyboard with a patch to make it sound like a bass. Now most of the time when musically-retarded people here anything slapped on bass they think its the Seinfeld theme. It gets quite annoying sometimes. (next time try a google search.....)
  7. Warwickluvr

Dec 26, 2005
    That show is so freakin' funny. Best show ever.
  8. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    I had someone get quite upset with me when I told them that it was NOT Les Claypool! :eyebrow:
  9. Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I like revealing that it was a synthesizer...hah they get angry.
  10. thekyle

Dec 25, 2005
    Breckenridge, CO

I had a girl reject me one night because of that same reason.
  11. I get it all the time! "That sounds like Seinfeld!"......
    I just play "Night Court" and get them off my ass!

Some people persist, and I give 'em a slap solo to "sit down to".

Seinfeld=keyboard crapola.

I replicate it, and they stop buggin' me.
  12. nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Slapping = Seinfeld tune to everyone that doesnt know music.
  13. dumbassist

Sep 5, 2005

You should stop at slap...LOL!!!!!
  14. What about Law and Order?
  15. That's another good one, but isn't it mostly slap guitar?

I had a few too many gins when I posted that earlier post. I sound like such a dork!:scowl:

Well, I'm off it for a while now, back on the strict eating plan.:hyper:

Fun while it lasted, but gotta bear down.

*insert slappy Seinfeld keyboard cue*
  16. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005

17. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    Because you were not Les Claypool?
  18. thekyle

Dec 25, 2005
    Breckenridge, CO

Because one of her friends had told her it was Claypool, and I patiently explained how mp3s of it have been labeled Les Claypool, but it isn't, and how it took me about 5 seconds of Googling to figure it out. I was probably a little bit abrubt though.
  19. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
  20. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    Like all the "Metallica" Christmas carols that are really the Trans-Siberian Orchestra! ("Who?? But it says 'Metallica!'" :rollno: )