Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Haha, students at my college trying to make some extra dosh.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Apr 11, 2003.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hi, I got this email in my student inbox from a student (its been sent to everyone at the college):

"if any1 wants any copied DVD's, Video's or CD's E-mail me at 22480! i can get any u want! 2 quid each wot eva it is!"

The a few hours later:
    "i can even get copies that arent out yet e.g. the ring etc..."

Highly illegal might I add. The simpleton also emailed it to every college staff, including the network administrators and principal! I'm certian he'll be banned off the system now!

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

"E-Mails you wish you hadn't sent!"

3. He'll probably just get a minor reprimand for the piracy thing, it's his spelling that'll get him kicked out.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    :p

5. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    these types of folks don't know the difference between "Reply" and "Reply All" either...:rolleyes:

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
  7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I lost that a long time ago, but then I had pancakes, and everything was better.

Oh, and just to clarify--I couldn't relate to half of the comments because of anything I did--I just work with a bunch of people who can't seem to distinguish between "reply" and "reply all."

To make matter worse, I work for an internet sevice provider--IOW, people who should know better....

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Bacon pancakes?

:D

They don't actually give you hope for humanity, but after you eat a full order at the Pancake House, you don't care anymore...

;)