haha yesss

Discussion in 'Bass Humor [DB]' started by tbassist4, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Well i've read through the forums about all of the "you should have played flute/piccolo" comments from random people to bassists, and had a good laugh reading about all of the experiences. I just got my bass a while ago, and I really didnt expect to hear any comments at all, I just expected weird stares.

But anyways, I was walking out of school the other day with my bass on my back, a full 4/4 size (in one of those nylon cases with backpack straps). And of course the thing looks bigger than me, even tho im just over 6 feet tall and 180 pounds, when on my back the head of the bass is a good 2 feet up. Lo and behold an older man walks up "Wow, thats quite a load you've got there, you should have played piccolo!"

I was dead speechless, i couldnt even remember a witty comment from this site that I could use in response. I just looked at him blankly for a second or two, and started laughing as hard as I could and didnt stop for at least another minute. That just made my day for some reason, haha just thought id share my experience.
  2. lubao

lubao Guest

Aug 6, 2005
    NSW, Australia
    My six years old niece came for a visit a month ago and looked at my DB with a WOW! look on her face saying "that's a big VIOLIN!!!" her clever mom chimed in saying "no it's a big banjo" next time I visited their place I went and said, "YUP! My trombone playing is coming along well" now let's eat! HA HA...
  3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Comebacks; I think this is a good starting point;

"200 million sperm per shot, and you hadda be the one that made it".

or if that's too mean spirited...

"Didn't I meet you yesterday? I never forget a shirt".
  4. Marcus, you related to Don Rickles?
  5. Dharmabum

Jul 11, 2005
    Richmond, VA
  6. Alexi David

Alexi David

May 15, 2003
    Nice shirt. I always tell em that it is a flute, but on steroids.
  7. I think that shirt would actually create more problems. I'm sure people would ask just to make you angry. hahaha
  8. mister_k

Jul 27, 2004
    Los Angeles
    this area is well tread, but, after playing a gig in Vegas and being subjected to some large drunkard repeatedly yelling "BIG VIOLIN! BIG VIOLIN!" at me, some of his bodies came over. A young woman and a man gave me some compliments then asked if my instrument was a cello. "No, actually its a bass," I said.

"see!" She declared emphatically.
    "We were both right!"

then she made the drummer sign her boob.