HAHAHAHA what!?!?!?!? LOOK!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by azfryguy, Mar 21, 2011.

1. azfryguy

azfryguy

Feb 2, 2010
    Queen Creek AZ
    So I am looking for a new bass and go to musicansfriend and an looking at this Spector USA NS-5H2-EX Buckeye Burl Top 5-String. So I looked at the Specs and wouldn you know this thing weighs not 8, not 12, but 32LBS!!!!! Haha this must be some kind of type-o or something. Seriously though this got my attention. What bass weighs the most? My guess would be like a Walnut 6 string Peavy or something along those lines.

Buy Spector USA NS-5H2-EX Buckeye Burl Top 5-String Bass Guitar | 5 String Electric Bass | Musician's Friend

Look at the "Specs"

2. Gotta be a typo.

3. Maybe it is made out of gold :3

4. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It's probably the shipped weight of the bass, case, and packaging.

5. Adam Guzzo

Adam Guzzo

Dec 15, 2010
    Its a limited edition series they are running in 2011. Instead of wood, they use dark matter. It's a unique tone..... More open.

6. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    Matter doesn't matter.

7. Clearly Dark Matter is the best material for metal

8. azfryguy

azfryguy

Feb 2, 2010
    Queen Creek AZ
    Even with a case it couldnt weigh more than 18lbs assuming the case was heavy. What would they pack it with? Wet memory foam?

9. That's over $100 per pound.

10. SDMFJay

SDMFJay

Jan 27, 2011
    hahaha wow...imagine the shoulder and neck issues that must create for a bass player. A chiropractors dream client. "Sure, keep playing that 32lb instrument, you'll be fine...just keep coming in for a spine realignment each week!" (definite typo in that listing for sure)

11. Joospocks

Joospocks

Jul 1, 2010
    The "Matter Matters" club of TB would probably be inclined to disagree. Every time someone conducts an objective tone test of dark matter with other tone-matters, they'll come along and conjure up a technicality to explain why the test is meaningless, after they accidentally vote for the Quark–gluon plasma bass. (Everyone knows QGP has a sterile, lifeless tone.)

:D

12. Adam Guzzo

Adam Guzzo

Dec 15, 2010
    LOL!!

13. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    You should put chromes on it.:p

14. BAHAHAHAHA! It's the tungsten pickups, lead strings and iron hardware.

15. spiltcoil

spiltcoil Inactive

Dec 13, 2010
    Needs an orange drop capacitor.

16. azfryguy

azfryguy

Feb 2, 2010
    Queen Creek AZ
    My favorite part is the hipshot ultralite tuners. For 32 pounds haha and the hardware is hipshot!

17. LOL

18. DoobieBrother

DoobieBrother

Feb 27, 2011
    Salem, OR
    The Mothman Bass bears the weight of a thousand lost souls consumed by the ravenous hell-fires of perdition.
    It's weight is immeasurable...
    :bag:

19. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    Maybe it's a brass bass with a wood nut.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021