Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hahahahaha check this out!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BoiNtC, Apr 3, 2003.

1. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
  2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

A 1955 Jazz Bass

:rolleyes:

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    No. No I don't think. Nice try, though. That was a lie, that was a HORRIBLE try.

4. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    pffffffffff

it's so patethic ....

5. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    hahaha the pictures are even labeled as jazz... yet its a 55 precision.. :p

6. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    "VINTAGE 1955 FENDER PRECISION JAZZ BASS GUITAR"
    "I am told the LIST PRICE on this guitar was over $1,000 when NEW IN 1976 (So it sat around at a shop for 21 years??)".
    "It has 3 (3??) EMG pickups and a selector switch"

That is one of the worst ebay auctions i have ever seen. AFAIK a '55 precision would not have a split pick up. There is nothing to say its a Fender. Im no vintage Fender expert by any means but the whole auction seem to be a big load of B.S to me.

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well, is "ignorance" a defence against any charge?

It seems the person is claiming ignorance and asking for help - I think somebody should give him what he's asking for..... and more !! ;)

8. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    He's claiming it's a 1955 Jazz?

I thought they only started making Jazzes in 1960?

And anyhow, that's a P/J?

And there's no name on the headstock?

9. Bruce Lindfield

He's claiming "ignorance" - I'm no expert but my "Guess" is ....!! :rolleyes:

10. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    It has three EMG pick ups. Must have some EMG's piezo's in that rusty bridge.
    It's just funny that a '55 Fender Precision Jazz cost $1000 when it was NEW in 1976.
    Ok he's claiming ignorance but why would you put the auction on ebay if you knew that you know nothing??

11. Bruce Lindfield

To rip people off, who are taken in by the "act" ? :rolleyes:

Hard to pull off in real life, but easy on eBay!

12. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    dumbass:rolleyes: :D

13. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    It will start to get interesting if someone bids on it.

14. Not necessarily. Remember, the seller is "no guitar expert" :rolleyes: and thus probably thinks that the P pick up is two pick ups. Many people make that mistake.
    Still, I like the headinline in the description box - "VINTAGE 1955 FENDER PRECISION JAZZ BASS GUITAR - the best. Priceless. And the line "This also appears to be a fret-less guitar", has a nice ring to it, as well.
    Are you sure this whole auction isn't an April's fools thing?

15. Bruce Lindfield

On the other hand, this seller has 967 auctions in the past 6 months!! Sounds like they know what they're doing alright - how to rip people off without thinking they've been ripped off! :rolleyes:

A speciality of eBay - so people think they're getting a bargain because the seller is ignorant of the "real value" - yeah right!

16. Lordy Bruce. Stop trying to convince others to the evils of ebay. I'm sure that you truely believe it's bad. Great. I've had about 40 transactions on there, never a problem. I'm decently smart about all purchases. I don't subscribe to the church of Lindfield, and I don't care to hear the religious preachings of what's right and wrong.

Why don't you take a look at the other auctions, they primarily sell technology items (PDA's..etc). A few musical items. I agree, what a dumbbunny. A good consumer knows to stay away from auctions like this. Poor consumers buy stuff like this, then pitch a fit while blaming others while not even coming close to looking at themselves.

17. Bruce Lindfield

It is evil!! :spit:

Everybody knows that!! ;)

18. I'd pay 50 bucks for it, put on a fresh set of half-rounds and have alot of fun with it.

:bassist:

Oh, and I would write

Offender
    Pizazz

on the headstock.

:D

19. Offender Pizazz, hahaha...I like it!

20. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    That is truly sad. Back in my day, rip off artists used to put some thought into their work. Crooks these days just "mail it in"! :p