Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Nov 2, 2004.

1. OK, so my jazz band in which i play lead trombone in had a gig tonight (11-2-04... election night).

Anyway, so we had like in one song with like 10 minutes of improve solos, fun shiz there. And we all did several solos each, drums, me (trombone), alto sax, trompet, guitar, etc... Now our bassist claims he's better than me (psh) but i know deep down im better, but i dont really care, cuz i get to play bass on all the funk songs we play :).

To move the story along to the funny part, it was just a 12 bar blues thing that we were doing for that 10 minutes, very easy right? so the bass gets the next solo right after me, and he was walking and goes into kind of a rythmic thing, and he wasn't loud enough for the solo (but good for the walking) so he turns the volume knob on his bass to turn it up, and he ended up turning it down! But the really sad part about it was, he didn't realize it, we tried to tell him and stuff... but that kid is just so thick....

And then at the end, we stand up to exit the stage, but his chord was rapped around his chair and the amp... fell right over.

Ya... that was a boring story?
  2. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Yep. But hey, you got to show those bassists who's boss. :rolleyes:
  3. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

At one of my first rehearsals with my jazz group, the 'bone player tangled something around his horn (on the stand) and ended up dumping the whole thing. It made some nasty creases where they don't belong...ouch! :meh:

That guy listens to, and understands, my solos more than anyone else in the band. 'Bone's keWl, dOod. :bassist:
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ha, stupid bassists, thinkin' they can solo!
  5. LittleJaco

Nov 4, 2004
    lol, thats funny. I'm a euphonium player so i respect the low brass, but not the trumpets. at my music camp i almost had to share songs with a bass player who couldnt read notes. that was not a fun day