Hail to the king, baby!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Jeff Michael, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Not that this is newsworthy or anything, but I thought I'd let you all know that I've had a typically successful bit of business with (All Hail) Bob Gollihur. Since the pin on my American Standard is always eating through the $.29 rubber tips I put on it at a rate of one per set or so, and since there are few things worse than having your bass slide out from under you with a big ol' SKRONK, I decided that the endpin ball Bob sells would be a silver bullet for me. I ordered one on 01/31...and knew by 02/15 that the post office had zapped me. So I, having told Bob about the situation, re-ordered, adding a bow and bow case thanks to a timely thread read here on talkbass.

Here's where it gets good. I reordered on 02/21--Presidents Day. I got an email from Gollihur Music saying there was a bill-to/ship-to address mismatch. So I left a phone message, and within twenty or so minutes Bob's son (All Hail) Mark Gollihur had called me back and straightened it out. The kicker? I got the package on Wednesday afternoon, not 48 hours after ordering (on a holiday). And the ultimate kicker? Bob comped me the replacement endpin ball.

So in conclusion, and not that it's surprising or anything...

All Hail Bob Gollihur!!

Thanks again Bob,
  2. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Indeed.. All Hail Bob! I bought one of his Bob-bass-bags and love it. I will be ordering a bow from him very shortly as well. Great guy.
  3. Ben Joella

Ben Joella

May 31, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    That's fantastic! Since this "all hail" phrase seems to be here to stay. I suggest we make Bob a cape and a crown and plead with him to take/post a pic of him modeling it. This way, we will have a fitting picture for his fitting title. ;)
  4. cabin dweller

cabin dweller Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2004
    Ridgeland, WI
    I've read nothin' but good about him. Just to bad I spent all my budget before findin' out about him. I could of saved some coin.

cabin dweller