Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Hail to the Theif"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by chiliwilli, Jun 20, 2003.

1. I love radiohead, and the new album they just put out is fantastic.
    I don't believe the latter part of that statement is biased. it is factual
    Since i find Radiohead fans hard to come by around my parts, I was wondering if anyone else here at TB is a feelin out this new recording of theres. What do u guys think?

As far as bass concerns, Colin greenwood adds some very cool basslines, such as the hook on "Sit Down Stand Up" . If you haven't listened to radiohead , i would suggest checking them out.

2. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    Yes, on "Sit down. Stand up." Colin does a great job. The song reminds me of videogames. The Greenwood brothers are awesome. Simply awesome. Heck, the word simply can describe them.

3. Jiles

Jiles Banned

Nov 28, 2001
    I wasn't quite sure what to expect from Hail To The Thief. My favorite albums are Ok Computer and Kid A, and honorable mention goes to The Bends. In my opinion, they have never put out a bad album. Even Pablo Honey kicked ass for what is was worth.

I did not like Amnesiac that much as whole. I did dig Knives Out and Pyrmaid Song among several others, but they needed a change of pace. Hail To The Thief is only a transition leading up to what could be the greatest rock record of all time. Something that will surpass their greatest.....Ok Computer.