Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Half rack multieffects??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bennito, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Can anybody recommend a good half rack multieffects unit?

2. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Boss VF-1 - excellent quality fx, an instrument level input and full midi controllable. Can be found regularly on ebay for about the $200-250 mark.

It has a major advantage over other fx - it has amp models and therefore you can get distortions out of it.

3. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Alternatively its predecessors are also supposed to be pretty damn good - the SE50 & SE70

4. wow.. never heard of vf-1 from boss.
    are there any sound samples somewhere??

5. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    +1

And the distortions are quite usable.

6. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Don't know of any samples, and google doesn't show any. Check out some reviews (there's one at www.soundonsound.com), they're €419 new at Thomann.

7. It was my understanding they've been discontinued for a couple of years now. :confused:

8. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    If that's the case I suspect there's a great deal of old stock still being sold.

9. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Mo is correct. They've been gone a couple years, but occasionally they pop up as NOS. I actually got one of mine that way at (the old) Manny's in Hollywood. You can find them used all over Ebay though.