1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Half-round dilema

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Marshes, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Marshes

Marshes

Sep 20, 2004
    Well right now i have a very odd set of strings.
    I have a pack of Daddario Stainless steel Half-round strings. To those of you that dont know, they are a stainless steel Roundwound that has been grinded to have a flat outside.

Anyways I have a 4 string pack which are supposed to be E-A-D-G but i have them tuned down to B-E-A-D which lowers their tension considerably, but not to the point of just rattling. They still sound good.

And for a high G i am using a Ken smith C string. So basically I have all tuned down strings for lower tension. I like this because Normally stainless steel strings tear up my fingers, however with the lower tension i get more of a growl and they dont kill my fingers.

So basically my whole point to this thread would be. What kind of manufactured strings have a low tension, are stainless steel, wont kill my hands, and are half-rounds??

I'm not so picky if the closest match to these aren't half-wounds.

Thank you alot for the information.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Why are you looking for a different string if you like what you have? I'm sure D'addario makes a C half round you can tune to a G. D'addario makes everything. You might have to buy it separately from the 4-string set, but I'm sure you can get one easily enough.