Half-round dilema

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Marshes, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Marshes

Sep 20, 2004
    Well right now i have a very odd set of strings.
    I have a pack of Daddario Stainless steel Half-round strings. To those of you that dont know, they are a stainless steel Roundwound that has been grinded to have a flat outside.

Anyways I have a 4 string pack which are supposed to be E-A-D-G but i have them tuned down to B-E-A-D which lowers their tension considerably, but not to the point of just rattling. They still sound good.

And for a high G i am using a Ken smith C string. So basically I have all tuned down strings for lower tension. I like this because Normally stainless steel strings tear up my fingers, however with the lower tension i get more of a growl and they dont kill my fingers.

So basically my whole point to this thread would be. What kind of manufactured strings have a low tension, are stainless steel, wont kill my hands, and are half-rounds??

I'm not so picky if the closest match to these aren't half-wounds.

Thank you alot for the information.
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Why are you looking for a different string if you like what you have? I'm sure D'addario makes a C half round you can tune to a G. D'addario makes everything. You might have to buy it separately from the 4-string set, but I'm sure you can get one easily enough.