Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Half size Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by bassdude, Oct 16, 2000.

1. Just put the strings on my 1/2 scale bass. I bought this bass at a garage sale for 25 dollars about six months ago. It was painted blue and was very dry the fingerboard was cracker and warped. I decided to use it to experiment with as I am thinking of building a eurb. I replaced the end pin and tailpiece and tuners (I used bass guitar tuners)It has a homemade pickup in the foot of the bridge on the bass side. And a ducan "P" bass pickup for loud gigs. The sound unamplified is quite good at least as loud as my plywood bluegrass bass. The piezo sound is very good I am waiting untill the glue drys to hear the magnetic pickup. The mag pickup may get removed on the future, it is to get more of a fretless BG sound the whole project cost about 250 dollars. which includes the helicores that I bought for 100 dollars. I will now remove all pickups from my other two upright basses. And use this bass for loud gigs.