Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

half space compressor/limiter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nate 0 jt, Feb 12, 2002.

1. what is the best half space compressor/limiter under say, $300US. thanks, nate

2. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I'm not really sure about the price, but the dbx 266 its a great comp/limiter, you should check it out

3. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Another vote for the FMR... I think you can buy it direct from the link jdombrow posted. I bought mine directly from them two yaers ago.

4. K-Frog

K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    nate, look for an older Boss CL-50, Pro-series, from the 80s, nice looking black face. It's a half-rack unit with all the good controls(threshold, attack, release, input and output gain controls, etc.) and also has level meter and a nice adjustable noise gate and a remote jack to footswitch it. It's awesome and lean, clean , clean.
    It's nice and probably very over-looked unit.

Any one else got one?

K

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    This is a half space compressor that's in your price range. I've never used it but here is a link with reviews from magazines and specs sheets, etc:Blue Max compressor<---Click ME

6. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I have an Alesis Nano Compressor. It is a 1/3 rack space and all parameters are adjustable and true bypass. I have only used mine a couple times but it does the job. It is also new for under $100. I found mine used for $50.