1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

half space left in my rack, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by luvpbass, Sep 1, 2008.

1. luvpbass

luvpbass

Sep 18, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm pretty happy with the latest version of my rig - sansamp RBI, sabine rack tuner, carvin dcm1050 power amp. I recently mounted my wireless receiver in the top space of my 5u case on a rack tray. That leaves half a rack space left.
    Seems like the only piece of gear out there is a half space alesis nanoverb. Wouldn't mind having some verb or chorus for when I need it. Is therey anything else that could go in the space?

2. Compressor.

3. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    +1

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    There are actually tons of half-rack devices out there. Name the type of processor you want, and I'll name at least one in half-rack form.

5. maevinj

maevinj

Feb 10, 2008
    ALB!
    You know what I'd do if I bought it? I'd put my weed in there! Right in there. Oh, wait.. I've got something else.

6. luvpbass

luvpbass

Sep 18, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    half space compressor. hmmm that sounds promising. I think I could get more use out of a chorus/verb/delay, though. I noticed that the nanoverb is a 18 bit. Is there a similar unit that's 24 bit?

anything that has more than one function? say compression and chorus, or something along those

7. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    I think some of Boss's later half-rack multifx were 24 bit. Look into the VF1.

8. KAOSBass

KAOSBass

Mar 10, 2005
    Amarillo Texas
    Presonus Parametric EQ.

9. Thunderthumbs73

Thunderthumbs73

May 5, 2008
    I'd add nothing.

Leave the space for wires, cables, wall warts, power plugs, etc... that you need space for. So you have a space in the rack. No reason you have to fill it with anything. If you have to think hard or ask around for something to fill your rack, it seems you don't need anything but may not realize it yet.

Regards.

10. luvpbass

luvpbass

Sep 18, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    who makes a half space compressor?

11. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Boss, FMR, Joemeek, Neve, Summit, ADK, Ashly, Presonus, Safesound, dbx...

12. Brad Maestas

Brad Maestas Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    Since you can't get vent panels in 1/2U, I'd just leave it open for ventilation.

13. 51m0n

51m0n

Jun 30, 2005
    Yup, you're not going to limit the which comp question very much by stipulating half rack space.