half stack good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vagenis, Oct 6, 2002.

1. vagenis

vagenis Member

Oct 6, 2002
    hartke ha3500

peavey 4x10 tvx

this is my current equipment and i just wanna get some other opinions on my stuff ..good or bad?
  2. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

Hartke stuff is cool, peavey is middle, wouldn't buy one personally but if someone gave me one I would't yell " Hey you Forgot your 4x10" it would probably go like "Hey, you got a head to go with this"
  3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Is that a new bass? Isn't this "Basses"?

If it's an amp, I'm sure it's cool. I'm a little confused...:confused:
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    this belongs in amps.. someone will be along shortly to move you over there..

if you enjoy your rig, then its good
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Please post your threads in the appropriate forums.

6. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I own that same rig. I've grown to love my Hartke 3500, even though I had to fix the power supply. All around it's a very good head and very versatile.

Even though people sometimes say bad things about Peavey, all around they built good gear for us who don't have the money for a Eden rig. They're built to last and they can handle anything you throw at it.
    The 410 TVX is a great sounding cab, specially if you play 5-string (the B really shakes your chest, and wakes up the neighbors). The down side is that it's very heavey, but install some casters or buy a wheel cart and the problem is less aparent.

The only problem is that the Peavey 410 needs a lot of power to sound it's best (350 watts or more). If your cab is 8 ohms, the Hartke will only put out 240 watts, which won't take all the advantage of the Peaveys' capabilities.

Overall I think you (we) have a great rig for very little money. Good luck with your gear and keep bangin' those fat strings.