Halle Berry Casted as Catwoman: Yay or Neigh?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jguitarj, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Yay to Halle as Catwoman. (I love Halle)
    But, get rid of that trashy costume. I mean come on, she looks like she's working a bachelor party! :spit:

Cast Halle as Catwoman, but put her in a costume like Michelle Pfiefer or one of the other past cat ladies.

Make her look classy. ;)

2. jguitarj

Oct 4, 2002
    I agree, I am not sure if this picture is for an actual movie of "Catwoman" or its part of the batman series.
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    The only real Catwoman was Urtha Kitt, and we all know it.
  4. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    ...looked like a bad photoshop job...:meh:
  5. She had the best growl of all time, that's for sure! ;)

6. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I think she could be good. You know, I have invested a lot into the Batman franchise all my life (comics, watched the old series, bought the merchandise, played Batman as a kid) and I have been disappointed in the movies. I liked Michael Keaton but Tim Burton tried too hard to be weird. And I like a lot of Tim Burton's other movies. Joel Shumacher sucked. Who is going to direct and who is the new Batman? They should have asked me first.
  7. jguitarj

Oct 4, 2002
    I think they had some good casting for bad guys like:

Jim Carey = Riddler

Danny DeVito = Penguin

Nicholson = Joker

I think the villians really make the difference in the Batman movies.
  8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Halle Berry as Catwoman is great, but I agree with Michael about the costume. -they really need to use that spray on body paint instead. :D
  9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah, that costume stinks, should be more like pfeifers or more of a leotard type thing....dare I say, catsuit type thing :eek: :p
  10. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Halle Berry
    (Sung to the tune of "Alouette")

Halle Berry,
    Halle Halle Berry,
    Halle Berry,
    Crash your car today.

Crash into the other car,
    Crash into the other car!
    Drive away,
    Drive away!

Halle Berry,
    Halle Halle Berry,
    Halle Berry,
    Crash your car today.
  11. Were you hoping for the armor of the female Samurai Pizza Cat? Just guessing, since you have Speedy Service as your avatar...

(yes, you may now tease me for being 38 and knowing about that cartoon... :rolleyes: )
  12. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I'm just glad they cast the right guy for the next Batman: Christian Bale.

Thoug i do agree with the costume thing. They should use the same type of costume they used in Batman Returns.
  13. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Hah! I'm 51 and I'm still mad they took it off.:(
    But, Halle Pepperoni... I could handle that.:D
  14. 72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    ...but Catwoman has always been synonomous with Julie Newmarr for me. Eartha Kitt had a certain exotic flair that Newmarr and Meriweather didn't have, but Newmarr's Catwoman was a powerful influence on my developing libido. Yvonne Craig (Batgirl) had a lot to do with my formative years as well.

Man, I miss that show. The movies are fun, and I really enjoyed the Dark Knight run in the comics, but nothing matches the excitement of running home from school to make it just in time for a PB&J and Batman.

old and feeling it
  15. Looks pretty cute except for that hideous mask. Couldn't they have done better ?
  16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Who draws/drew the best Batman? I liked either Neal Adams, or Berni Wrightson.(Swamp Thing #7) I am going back a ways.

The 1st Batman movie was O.K. I thought it fell apart toward the end.

Hollywood can't do as well as the comics.
    MMMMMMMmmmmmm Julie Newmarr. :cool:
  17. Halle Berry's previous comic book-movie roles?: Storm, X-men

Nuff said.

And whoever designed that costume should be shot.
  18. It was funny, and disappeared suddenly. Oh well. Switched to the cross-dressing rat with Paul Lynd's voice (Big Cheese, wasn't it?) though, eh? Hmm, not sure how to type "Fred" as two syllables... Guess I miss the show more than I thought...

So as to not be totally off the thread topic, Halle is one of the few that can claim Spandex &copy as a right. Hopefully that leaked sample isn't what she will be wearing in the movie...
  19. Yeah, she was pancake-on-the-griddle hot!

Does anyone remember the episode where Catwoman almost convinced Batman to hook up with her?

Then Batman asked: "What about Robin?"

Catwoman replied, "We'll have him killed - painlessly, of course."

Then Batman flipped out and started with his "Poor deluded girl" tirade.

That cracked me up. :D

I think Batman needed a few whiskeys, and a few rolls in the hay, know what I mean? ;)