1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hallowed be thy name - bass cover, criticism needed

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Kutsu, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Yes

9.1%
  2. No

72.7%
  3. Neutral

18.2%
  1. Kutsu

Kutsu

Jun 30, 2014
    Hi everyone.

I have been playing bass for few months now and I recently recorded cover of hallowed be thy name. I thought the best place for criticism would be a bass guitar forum to get feedback about the recording.
    Any kind of criticism is welcomed and don't be afraid to be mean.

Attached Files:

2. WOW, impressive for playing bass only a few months! Keep it up. UP THE IRONS!

3. Hypnotaize

Hypnotaize

Apr 10, 2014
    I liked it! New bassist myself, but very good!
    What did you use to record it?

4. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Great job! Very impressive. Sounds just like it.
    Keep it up man!

5. huckleberry1

huckleberry1

Jul 1, 2013
    Mesquite, Texas
    student
    you obviously have some musical experience? your doing really well!

6. Kutsu

Kutsu

Jun 30, 2014
    Thank you very much for the feedback.

I used a mic that was connected to my pc. For software I used audacity.

I had some experience with guitar before but decided to go with bass instead.

PS I used a pick which some might call blasphemy because Harris plays with fingers.

7. huckleberry1

huckleberry1

Jul 1, 2013
    Mesquite, Texas
    student
    I know your comfy with a pick, I have always played finger style and in the last year started experimenting with picking, been playing 32 years or so...

8. Dug2

Dug2

Sep 24, 2011
    chicago
    not bad at all, im gunna vote neutral though, u lose points for the pick. harris is known for his
    finger style ability

9. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    pretty good-I had to listen twice because I thought twas the original.
    use yer fingers.

10. Kutsu

Kutsu

Jun 30, 2014
    I tried to play it with my fingers but they turn into jello in 1min while playing. Also it does not sound as sharp with fingers. Any tips how to improve sound playing with fingers and any exercises that could me develop stronger fingers.

11. Sounds pretty good. As far as your fingers go, practice a little longer every day, they will get stronger and stronger, until you can play an entire gig with no worries, but some songs just sound better with a pick. I mainly play with my fingers, but a few songs it just sounds better with a pick. Keep up the great playing !

Big Marc in Philly