Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Halloween Costume

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by johnm0187, Oct 23, 2005.

1. I need a Halloween costume.
    What's a good costume that can easily be made at home?

2. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    If you've ever seen the matt foley, motivation speaker skit by Chris Farley on SNL, that would be a good one. Thats what i'm being this year. All you need is:

A really ugly plaid jacket
    white dress shirt
    really ugly tie
    dress pants
    plastic rim glasses
    shoes
    WHITE socks :D

3. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Get some papare mach`e and be a giant paper pickle.

4. Me and a friend are going as the blues brothers, we did the same last year, and looked pretty ****ing good too! (right builds ;) )

If only i had a pic where i had my case handcuffed on :( , however the one i have is still ace . . . and its a hellishly easy costume!

5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    The best one I came up with a few years ago was real easy. Get a black pair of pants and a black shirt, A roll of masking tape and a few Hot Wheels (my kids have about 3,000).

Run 2 parallel stripes of masking tape about an inch apart down your shirt from your neck to your crotch, then continue one of each down each leg and put another one parallel to that about an inch apart like the ones on your shirt. Now stick a few of the hotwheels on and BINGO....

You're a fork in the road.

6. Jeans. Boots. Flannel shirt. If anyone asks who you are, reply: "Lou Diamond Phillips, dumbass".

Mike

7. last year i went as a broke, hungry college student...

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    be emo.
    be toasted.

9. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    Either Harry Caray or a giant hotdog covered in mustard and relish...delicious

Another good one is Mike Jones: just dress in all black and scream out your name, phone number, and "who?" as much as you can.

10. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    i have to play a costume party this year where dressing up is mandatory. i dont like dressing up. i'm also bald as a cue ball. one of my best friends has a kid so i'm borrowing the top off of a baby bottle and sticking it to the top of my head and going as a boob.

11. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    I was a cardboard box. you just can't beat that....

12. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...I was a "life size" bloody tampon...it was a HIT! Bloody mess & disgusting but unique & won a prize! Chicks scowled about it but still hung around me all night...GREAT eve...

~S~

PS: It cost under $10 to make...

13. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    Someone I know is wrapping a sheet around himself and going as Pontious Pilot (sp?). I have a feeling he'll get shot.

Last year I ruined Halloween when I was sick with strep throat and accidently mooned a young family of five. It really was an accident. I wonder if they'll come by here again this year... :meh:

The full story can be read here:
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...n=A8BB906C-A267-F202-9A9013A8B0C3F34058784861

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    If you are hairy then you can do what Im doing:

Work: Lumberjack: Flannel Shirt, Jeans, Suspenders, Work-Boots and a Beanie. Extra points for a stuffed squirel on your shoulder.

Gig#1: Zombie Jesus: Robe, crown of thorns, pale face paint, blood from the mouth, stigmata marks, & most importantly audience with a good sense of humor thats already going to hell.

Gig#2: Catholic School Girl: girlfriends old school uniform, beard, & lots and lots of body hair. Without the body hair and beard its not funny, its just creepy.

15. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    I know someone who's going as darth vader going as a cowboy to a costume party. He wears a cowboy mask over a darth vader mask and a cowboy costume, it's brilliant.

16. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
  17. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    My wife got me a Devo yellow suit at Target to wear. I think it looks quite snazzy.

18. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm digging out my letterman's jacket and going as me in high school

19. I know some people who dressed up as lubricated condoms once.

I don't know what they used as lubricant, but it was all over them, and they ran around the place hugging people. It was disgusting and funny at the same time.

20. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I am going to be a dead santa with big bag of children body parts:)

pics will follow...

It will be siiiiiiiick