1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Halloween Costumes

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mansjasont, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I play in a 4 piece country cover band. We have a Halloween gig, and we want to dress up. We played the same show last year and we did the typical cowboy outfits, but really the only extra to our normal clothes was the six shooters on our hips (we all wear cowboy boots all the time, and sometimes hats too).

This year we want to do something different that will be funny but not expensive.

Any ideas? Any stories of your Halloween costumes?

2. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
  3. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Wear dresses, and tell your audience you are a crossover band.

4. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    LOL!

5. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Trash up an old shirt and pair of pants, get some spirit gum, paint your face and neck with it then pour on rice krispies and you are maggot face. Up close it's kinda dorky, but at stage to dance floor distances it looks pretty creepy, and as costumes go it's pretty cheap.

6. I'm thinking we might stay redneck and do Duck Dynasty costumes. Then we could learn sharp dressed man as an opener.

7. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

This, or something as wacky.

8. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Well, we were on the same wavelength. I was gonna' say, "cowgirls"??? ;)

Another idea is to dress as SPECIFIC old cowboys, such as Gabby Hays, Palladin, The Cisco Kid, Hoss Cartwright, etc.

9. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Scarecrows

10. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    I haven't dressed for Halloween since I was about 12 years old.

Dress as KISS and then play your normal Country set.

11. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    i was thinking over-the-top goth; white/black makeup and all. of course with your usual setlist. what about the wizard of oz cast? how many members in the band?

12. How about a steampunk cowboy? Doesn't have to be overly elaborate, simply incorporate some old style technology, gears, cogs, brass stuff, the like with some darker colors. Brown or dark red work well.

My band is doing a Halloween show for the neighborhood kids passing by, and it's giving an excuse to make myself a nice Link costume.

13. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    I was going to suggest the same thing. In fact, I still am going to suggest it. You should dress as KISS. Make sure to play "Hard Luck Woman".

One of the coolest Halloween shows I heard of (but didn't see) was when the Supersuckers dressed as Thin Lizzy and played the entire "Live and Dangerous" album.

14. lokerola

lokerola Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Alexandria Virginia
    Come on, you know you want to!!

Attached Files:

15. One year I went as Alice Bowie from "Up In Smoke." It was a lot of fun and the ladies loved it. :)

16. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Feb 9, 2009
    Plague Doctor Costumes!