Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Halloween gigs and costumes

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by whatsinaname, Oct 26, 2004.

1. How many of you will wear a costume for the Halloween gigs this weekend, or do you feel any costume will lessen your “scary-ness” because you are scary enough without masks or makeup? Just wondering….

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I have an outdoor Halloween gig on Friday. I'm wearing a black cape/gown with hood, white face paint with black sunken eyes. Sort of zombie reaper bass player thing going on. Reminds me...I need to buy gloves to keep the hands warm before playing...

3. I'm playing Sunday night, and am thus launching a publicity campaign informing people they look foolish wearing costumes on any day other than the 31st.

I'm either sporting the pirate or viking look... going to see if I can manage to play with a hook instead of a hand tomorrow.

4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    In spite of you I will be wearing my lame Walmart purchased costume for the entire month of November. :spit: :)

5. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    The band is dressing up as pirates for our Friday night show we are playing. We even wrote a few pirate ditties to play.

6. I'm playing saturday at a party with female Jello wrestling... :hyper:

costume options. These are for me n my girlfriend..

1. Scott and Laci peterson. me fishing outfit, her covered with kelp and mud n stuff.

2. Abused Iraqi Prisoner. me in a "prisoner" outfit, and her being the chick that was giving the thumbs up in all the photos.

3. Kurt and Courtney.

most likely gonna be #3. she thinks the first 2 are "politically incorrect". bah.

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Wow! you're taking it there, huh?

8. damn right. wizards and cheerleaders and firemen are so damn out-dated. Just keeping current!

9. I got the idea for my costume from the latest ESPN Magazine.They had an image of "OriginalSix" hockey players that looked like they were from Dawn of the Dead. So I'll put on my Red Wing jersey with face paint and be a Hockey Goulie on Saturday night.

10. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I'll be the cheer leader in the band... It's not a pretty sight...

11. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I think I'm gonna be Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

12. For our gig on Friday the guitar player and I are going as pimps, the singer is going as a ho. He'll be in a miniskirt and fishnets, the pics will be great :).

13. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    We're gonna be pirates too. I don't have any of the clothes yet . . .

14. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    Me and my friends were going to jam on Holloween Just get long wigs and head bang and play music for all the trick or treaters.

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm going to dress up as a black bass player.

I don't do costumes. :scowl:

16. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I played a haloween gig once where this guy wore an OJ mask on had a big knife. His hot blonde GF was dressed normally, except for the huge latex gash acroos her throat. Tasteless and hilarious all at the same time.

17. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    The most tasteless I ever saw was a guy dressed as a priest. He had hung a young boy doll from the belt in such a manner that the face was directly over his crotch.

I felt so bad for laughing about it.

This year's Halloween gig for me is going to be as a drummer so I have to go as something that won't be ruined with a lot of sweat and movement. My 'plan B' is to go as a pirate but I'd like to think that there's a better idea.

18. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA

:D

19. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i'm not big into the costume thing either - i did the white bass player on friday

freakiest thing i've ever had happen to me on a halloween gig was having the fake cobwebs draped over the stage sucked into the fan input of my amp................ :rolleyes:

20. Aaron J

Aaron J

Jul 16, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    How's this for an interesting gig....I need to get all discoed out for an orchestra gig which is putting on a Halloween concert, BUT I am playing electric bass in an electric guitar, bass, and drum trio. We are playing "Fifth of Beethoven" (that 70's funk/disco tune that goes along with Beethoven's 5th symphony) with the orchestra after they play the first movement of the real symphony up until the repeat. It is really a blast.