Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

halloween gigs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 3 crotch grabs, Oct 31, 2003.

1. how many of you have shows tonight?
    how many are just going to shows tonight? to see who?

me... recent drummer change leads to lack of current gigs. plus, i gotta go to the wife's company party. not too exciting.

oh, and are any of you dressing up gwar style for your gigs tonight?

2. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    We have tonight off for once, so we did our halloween show last weekend, dressed up and all. It was really fun.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I'm gonna see Garaj Mahal for the third time!!:D
    (Kai Eckhardt on bass)

...and I might see them tomorrow too!

This time, I'm bringing my earplugsm though. Those guys are loud!

4. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    I've got a gig tonight with my band, Modern Meat, here in Atlanta. The bar is having a costume contest so it should be a pretty fun evening.

We are dressing up, but not like GWAR. It's every man for himself. I'm going as a Sheik. I think the guitar player is gonna be a Nun. The singer, an Alien. As for the drummer, he won't tell anybody. It's gonna be a surprise.

5. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Just a fun Gig tonight at our freinds Halloween party, just a bunch of us old rockers getting to
    gether for old times sake, had a rehersal last night. It will be a blast. My regular band plays
    on wed nights. I get to play really loud and fast
    I cant wait. Bringin the Trace rig out of retirement. 600 watts so I can step on the Guitar
    players heads when they start turing it up.:eek:

6. Opening for a band tonight :) Nothing to fun about it, gonna go to a party where some friends are playing after that. Gonna be a relaxed night.

7. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Have a Halloween gig tonight, and tomorrow. Halloween is my favorite holiday to gig. We're dressing as priests.

8. We just got a new drummer, so tonite we are gonna go thru some songs and play for the trick or treaters on my guitarist garage. So maybe that counts as a gig.:confused: :p :bassist: