Halloween gigs?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bassmonkeee, Oct 2, 2002.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    My steady Thursday night gig falls on Halloween this year, and the restaurant is having a Costume party. Should be a blast. The band will be dressing up, and adding a couple of Halloween-y songs to our set (Alice Cooper's "Welcome to my Nightmare" will be given special treatment--possibly transformed into a swing tune...:D).

As for costumes, we are currently working on a "Mad Scientist" Theme. The goal, of course, is to be in a costume, and not have to worry about it getting irritating, or interfering with our 3 sets.

If you are in Atlanta, and haven't been able to get out to see us (shame on you! ;)) this would probably be a good night to do it.

Anyone else have an interesting gig scheduled for the 31st?
  2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yeah, sure do! our band is doing a costume party gig on halloween night...should be pretty fun. we haven't decided on costumes yet, but i've got a really cool pepsi can costume that i might use.
  3. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    We are a doing a halloween show on the 26th. Not sure what costumes we will were yet.
  4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    We were supposed to play a frat party on halloween, but now the a-holes want to hire a "more expensive band" because they came across some extra money. It really pisses me off because when we got the gig we were adamant(sp?) about making sure the gig was a commitment.:mad:

Maybe we should sue them.
  5. samtheman

Nov 6, 2001
    We were asked to play at our former school for Halloween. The initial plan being it was organised at the school, not by the school.
    However, the school has suddenly muscled in on the organisation of it, and in typical power-mad teacher style (I appreciate there are nice teachers out there, but lots of power-mad ones also) have decided that everyone has to be seated, only pupils of the school can attend and that there is a no swearing policy. I can understand some of this and appreciate the opportunity to play, and this may sound like I'm generalising here, but why are teachers hell-bent on removing all aspects of fun from kids lives. It's not as if they've never heard a swear word in their lives before.
    Should we dare to break the rules, the power will be pulled. Fun.
    That said, it's meant to be fancy dress and I cannot find a banana suit anywhere?! Should be a bit of fun.
  6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Sounds like a blast, BM!

I wish the guys in my band were cool enough to want to dress up for Halloween. Wait a minute, what am I saying? I wish a had a band!

Man, if you follow through with the mad scientist theme (very cool idea, BTW), you gotta do the "Monster Mash" -- you just gotta!