1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Halloween III (3) Season Of the Witch.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by barebones, Oct 31, 2013.

1. barebones

barebones Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Seriously, what the heck was up with this one? How did it even fit into the overriding Halloween story line? I'm 44. I saw it when it came out, and it didn't make sense even back then. Watched it last night and found it fairly entertaining but still thought, huh, where did THAT come from?

Anyone?

2. ShenmueTacos

ShenmueTacos

May 22, 2009
    Virginia
    After Michael Myers "died" at the end of part II, John Carpenter, the writer/director of the original and writer/producer of part II, wanted to make a new Halloween movie each year, with each one telling a different Halloween themed story. After Halloween III did bad at the box office, Michael Myers came back for Halloween 4. John Carpenter has had no involvement in any of the movies after Halloween III.

I personally think that Halloween III isn't that bad of a movie, only if you look at it on its own and not part of a big franchise. It was different, weird, and really makes you wonder where the series would've went if this movie was successful.

3. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

I always thought it was kind of a clever story but shouldn't have been named as part of the franchise.

4. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Big fan of H3

5. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I thought it was a reasonably good film for its time, age, budget, and intended audience.

It's the anomaly because the franchise reversed course and went back to the Michael Myers formula, which is unfortunate, seeing as how the future installments didn't really add much.

6. Yeah, it was just an attempt to cash in on name recognition.