1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Halloween Party Pooper ?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Doley50, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Doley50

Doley50

Sep 4, 2005
    My band is a 4 piece band and it looks like two of them will be dressing up for a show this weekend, I do not want to dress up, don't get me wrong I love Halloween, but I have not dressed up since I was a kid and would feel very foolish doing so.
    Would I be a big Party Pooper if I did not dress up or do you think it really don't matter?
    I have not heard from the other member not sure what he is going to do, my guess is he won't say much about it and show up to the gig not dressed.
    What are your thoughts?
    I don't think my age matters but I 44 and we play top 40 covers.
    It's not like we are a Misfits tribute band.

2. StevieMac

StevieMac

Mar 17, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Just get a pair of these

630af962-295e-e9bd.

Done :D

3. yeah, exactly.
    at least do SOMETHING.
    I play in a band with a dude who is 50+ and he showed up last year for a halloween party we played at dressed like a devil, and the drummer who is about the same age did a really great zombie outfit. They looked great!
    Just wear a large hat and some funny glasses or something. Don't be a stick in the mud!

4. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    I used to be the same way till I started having a little fun with it and realizing that it's Halloween, there will be lots of people in the audience (hopefully) who are also dressed up and it gets everyone in the vibe. Doesn't have to be fancy - just fun or funny. We have made a big deal of Halloween in years past and done an entire cover of an album or just really off-the-wall covers for our instrumentation.

5. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Are you not an entertainer? Put on a costume!

PhalexGladiator.

6. Lobomov

Lobomov

Aug 2, 2013
    LOL .. I don't think that this is the place to go looking for support :)

7. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    Just put a placard around your neck with 780 on it. When anyone asks you what you are tell them you're that mythical beast, a Rock Musician with an excellent credit rating! ;)

8. Put on a costume, get over it.
    You are part of the entertainment, so, entertain

You will look stupid if everyone else has a costume and you are the only one who doesn't

I've had to play similar gigs before and it was really fun. If you really are worried about looking stupid, put a mask on so no one can see your face

9. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    wear that sexy bondage gear you've been hiding! ;)

10. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oh come on, just do it. Not that big a deal to look funny for a night. I'm 42 and find myself in costume for one reason or another pretty often. Whenever the family needs a funny skit for a gathering the wife decides it's time to put me in drag again... unless I come up with something better first.

I had a buddy in college who dressed as a pun every Halloween. One year he went around with a pair of wings and a seat cushion, said he was a flying buttrest (the architecture types will get it). One time he went in drag - Indian drag (he's a Sikh). We asked him why he didn't do his usual pun thing, and he said, "Sari, I couldn't think of a pun this year."

Or you could go in a loincloth, hop around all hunched over, and say "Gollum!" a lot.

If you want to go the easy way out, get a sports uniform and go as player X from your favorite team... Baseball or basketball are usually easiest. Or be a lumberjack. You'll be bringing an "axe," right?

We played Halloween party last year. Face paint, a kilt and a sword and I passed for Braveheart.

[​IMG]

11. Garyth

Garyth Now What ..?

Sep 9, 2013
    Punta Gorda Florida
    just google Halloween poop, it fairly poopular and I think you'll fit right in with the crowd.

12. Yeah, don't be a Party Pooper and at least put on a funny hat or something.

13. Funny hat, silly sunglasses... where in Chepachet?

14. Put your suit on, optional eyeliner, and be The Undertaker. Good to go.

15. Fat Steve

Fat Steve The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.

Halloween is SRS BSNS!

I-Had-Fun-Once-It-Was-Awful_zps31c15b75.

16. Doley50

Doley50

Sep 4, 2005
    Ok , so I'am going to go as an A**hole bass player that runs sound! Lol!
    Actual I dodged the bullet, looks like we won't be wearing costumes.
    Thanks for the feedback!

17. Meyatch

Meyatch Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    You and the rest of your band are serious party poopers.

18. :rollno: Boo - Party Poopers. :rollno:

19. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Pennsylvania
    Halloween is my favorite holiday and I wish more people would dress up. As another poster mentioned, we're entertainers and we should entertain! Every year the men in my band tell me they're going to dress up, then they change their minds a few days before a show. Ten minutes ago both sent out messages on FB indicating that this year will be no different. The female singer usually wears a costume, so hopefully I won't be alone.

20. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    My default Halloween costume for gigs has always been a bright orange prison coverall. It's easy to play in, there's no mask..... It's a beautiful thing in its simplicity.

My best ever costume for a gig was a towel:

e4ddf9da.

It was fun, easy, and quite liberating!

Here's the prison jumpsuit: a6c1ce71.