Halloween Spirits ???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rickbass, Oct 28, 2003.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

In all seriousness, with Halloween upon us - Have any of you experienced/believed in, the experience of another reality, a "spirit" reality" ??? (Please - if you were on a mind-altering substance at the time...don't respond).

I have had two experiences that made me a believer - one personal encounter that I kept bottled up for 30+ years and one that was, more or less, empirical.

I will explain mine, if requested. But I don't want to bore anyone at the moment. I'd like to hear more about yours.

I ask this here because I think musically gifted people are more in tune to another realm of existence.
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I think I'm way too straight-minded to see a ghost even if one was really there. I lived in an apartment that several people had supernatural experiences in, but I never saw anything. I like all that stuff though, so feel free to tell your tale, Rickbass.
  3. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    I've seen some strange things in my day. I don't speak about them much. People think I'm a little crazy when I try to explain.

I've seen many apparitions, felt the presents of things unseen. I've was in a room where someone was doing a trans-reading. That was very strange, but a wondreful experience.

So do I believe, very much so!!

I think it's something people need to open themselves up to. If you choose not to see, you won't see!
  4. rickbass

Thanks for having an open mind, Bryan. I tried to brush this stuff off for years. But -

> When I was a kid, (about 10-12 years old), an old friend of the family who was a realtor invited my father and myself down to a house that was in the way of where a new highway, I-55, was going to replace the legendary Route 66.

She knew that even as a little kid, I was into antiquities/collectibles. This house hadn't been touched since the 1930's. My father and the realtor went into the basement to make sure the gas/water/electricity were shut off while I stayed upstairs.
    There was none of this "spirit" apparation in the room. But my father and the realtor wanted to know who was walking on the vinyl floor.
    I couldn't see anything but I knew for sure there was a "presence." I could sense it and could almost speak to it. Even though it was July, the room was mysteriously cooler than the basement.
  5. my dad owned this doll named charlie when he was really little, my grandfather always thought something was eerie about it, he lost it one day, and after i was born, i found it one day in my grandparents basement, i was really little, i dont remember it, but my grandfather freaked out when he saw me playing with it, it had almost no hair, most of the fingers were chewed off, and it was growing mold on its face,they threw the doll out, but we found it in the basement years later, we dont go near it anymore, it scares us.
  6. I've never experienced any cases, but I love hearing about them. The supernatural is really fascinating.
  7. rickbass

There's another one - the movie "The Exorcist" was based on a true life event of boy who was brought from the state of Washington to St. Louis, MO (my hometown), to Alexian Bros. Hospital.

When the doctors there determined that something beyond medical comprehension was going on with this kid, they brought him to St. Louis University on Grand Ave. for an exorcism. That's where the movie came from. To this day, the rooms in the basement of that University where the exorcism took place are sealed off.

One of the priests who took part in the exorcism threw himself off a cliff after the exorcism, trying to follow that kid. The cliff is part of the military cemetery where my father is buried which overlooks the Mississippi River.
  8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Interesting stories. I don't recall any similar experiences myself, but am very interested in hearing about them. One of our good customers is a "ghost buster" (I feel horrible using that term, because I feel it's very mocking, but I don't know what else to call him), and makes some SERIOUS money helping people remove/understand/identify/communicate with spirits and such. Sometimes he'll come in our store with cuts and bruises all over him. He says he runs into some that aren't so nice every now and then. He's supposed to take us on one of his "tamer" excursions...I'm excited! :D
  9. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Interesting fact: Chris Carter, exfilec exec' producer is a paranormal sceptic (ie non believer) :eek:.

I don't think I@ve had any thing of that nature, all though it does interest me and I am a fan of documentaries of the nature (not so much 'alien. related though..).

<marquee> [​IMG]</marquee>
    .....The Truth Is Out There.....
  10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I experienced a Poltergeist - it was when I was about 19. I was living with my girfriend at the time and we came back on night to the large house owned by her mother and there was nobody else in.

We could both immediately feel a "presence" that was quite malevolent - it smashed lights and seemed to follow us. We made our way to the attic bedroom where we were sleeping and it seemed to die down.

We were both shaken and tired and went to bed - but just as we were getting into bed I noticed a pair of red eyes watching us in the corner - like a vicious looking animal. So - this attic was a conversion and there were no windows apart from one big skylight which was covered and there was no way for light to come in once I had shut the door.

My girlfriend saw the eyes and was really frightened - but to go out we would have had to pass this "being" - so I convinced her it was just a trick of the light and that it wasn't there - but I knew that what she described to me was there and was exactly what I saw as well!

I watched it for a long time - but eventually fell asleep and when we woke in the morning the atmosphere had changed and no sign of the "thing" apart from broken glass everywhere!
  11. rickbass

I have others, too.

In the early 70's, a friend of mine moved into an ancient, rundown, 22 room, 1854 mansion, on a private street in a bad part of town named Latayette Park (St. Louis). The friggin' Queen of England even stayed at the mansion on the corner of this street where my friend lived, during the Victorian period.

My friend would give people he met on his travels a bedroom to stay in overnight. It was a second floor bedroom with iron bars on the windows, (the house had 4 floors and still had the ornate gas fixtures on the walls from when electricity still hadn't been introduced).

When I used to go there, 2 people who stayed in that room ran out screaming from the room, saying that they woke up because they felt a depression on bed, like someone sitting, and that they would never go into that room again. Neither guy knew the other, were there at different times of year, but both reported seeing the silhouette of a man sitting on the end of the bed.

These two guys had never met and came to the house at different times of the year. both guys never came back to the house.
  12. rickbass

Bruce - That is a really cool account.

As a Yank, though, I sometimes sense that such encounters are not considered as so weird in your country...........as if people don't think you're "daft" and that the events are accepted to a greater degree as a valid possibility.
  13. Bruce, that is some REALLY freaky stuff man. I wonder what it actually was, if not a "spirit" or something of the sort.

Rick, that second one about the old house is weird too. I sure as heck would of been scared too!

Whenever I tend to feel a "presence" I hide under the covers where it can't get me:spit:

But ok, here is my story! My mom has (now locked up in the back of the closet away from all eyes) this Raggedy Ann Doll and back at our old house she had it sitting on top of the stereo in the living room. Well, that thing from Day 1 kinda freaked me out a little, just by the looks of it. So one day when my parents went to Fresno for a couple days we were home alone and had a friend over and we decided to see if it was possessed (this was just after watching Childs Play) and so we put it next to the TV before we went to bed. Now we were all sleeping in the same upstairs room and the door to the room squeaks enough to wake anyone up if they open it, regardless if it is slowly or not. So with the VERY squeaky/loud door, it ruled out any possibility of anyone getting out to do anything with it without waking the others. So, in the morning we go downstairs, AND IT IS SITTING ON THE COUCH!!!! It scared the cr*p out of all of us! So we grabbed it with some tongs (just incase it tried to kill us) and buried it in the back of the closet.

So that's my story! ~ Ty
  14. Bruce Lindfield

Well - we have had Magicians etc. Druids...

I remember other weird experiences around Aleister Crowley - so the Black Magician, Jimmy Page (Led Zep) bought his house/mansion!!

So, I was reading a book which was about the Occult and had a fairly long account of Crowley's life.

It mentioned how he was the last person to be buried in England under the Satanic Rites, in my home town, Brighton - and as I was reading it, I realised I could actually see the Cemetary where he was buried, through the window of the room in which I was sitting!

At the point of this realisation, I heard a weird noise like a loud scream - which was consistent with having emanated from the spot of his grave!! :eek:
  15. jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    I own a house that was built in 1898. We've had some strange goings on. I have had a knob on a bass moved and tightened so it protruded from the surface. I also came downstairs and found that the A string on a fretless was moved from its bridge to between the A and D string bridges and it was Tuned to Pitch! We also go through an abnormal amount of lightbulbs in our house. Go figure.
  16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    :eek: :eek:

Never really had any experiences like these. Bruce, HOW could you fall asleep with red eyes staring at you? I would have thought it was a rabid raccoon or something, waiting for us to sleep so it could attack. (-not that raccoons, rabid or otherwise wait for people to sleep to attack them. Call me paranoid.)
  17. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I've never seen or experienced anything that I would consider "supernatural"..

I like to think there are still things out there that are unexplainable....
  18. Bruce Lindfield

We have poltergeists in England - but not racoons!! ;)
  19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

:meh: I did not know that. I think you've got the better deal in way. Raccoons can be sort of a pain. -That and they are all completely nuts.
  20. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Now I don't want alot of flak, but as a christian I believe MUCH MORE in these phenomenoms. I've had my share of UFO type experiences (not abduction :D ) and I'm more of a 'believer' now than when I didn't take spirituality as seriously before. I believe that the ominous, scary, and destructive forces that people experience are spiritual. kind of like on the other extreme where people will talk about angels or healings or good fortunes.

It saddens my heart to see people seek after ghosts and spirts other than the spirit of God. sad to see halloween more popular in public (neighborhood displays) than Christmas.

I'll tell my U.f.o. story next post