1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hallucination City

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Wrong Robot, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I was the guy with the laptop, Mike.

2. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    I was there... you sounded great!

This was a performance last night of a symphony for 80 guitars and 20 basses, very powerful piece and I especially liked the 3rd and 4th movements. It was held at the amazing and beautiful (and sold-out!) Disney Concert Hall in downtown LA.

My buddy Shane played guitar - he was the unabashed union ironworker who welded a lot of that place together and was genuinely thrilled to perform there. From my point of view Watt had the most energy of any of the performers, giving his all on every note. Big props to you as well Mike, that was no picnic to perform! Outstanding evening.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Whoa.... what?

4. BassTerd

BassTerd

Aug 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I was the oddball with the 6 string bass sitting a couple of rows behind the oddball with the laptop.

permagrin:
    I don't know about mike having the most energy, were you watching the rest of the 99 performers? Everybody was playing their butts off. Especially in the last movement were everybody was rockin out and all you saw was hair flying around, funny stuff. Your buddy shane really enjoyed himself. It meant a lot to him to be rockin out at a cool as$ venue he helped build. I thought it was cool when he whipped out his american outfit.

That was one of the coolest rock concerts I played in a while.......good times

5. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    BT, I'm guessing you were on the far right side? I was able to take a couple photos at the end of the performance - nothing great, but pm me if you want some copies.

And thanks again to you all, I really enjoyed the performance and the spirit of the evening.

6. BassTerd

BassTerd

Aug 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    yea that was me.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Any recordings?

8. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan

bumpity bump bump- I'm very interested to hear.

9. BassTerd

BassTerd

Aug 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I found a real short rehearsal clip

10. Wow! That is awesome... I had an idea like this a while ago called the "Wall of Sound". 100 Guitars blows that away.