Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

halo custom basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slapinandpopin7, Jun 16, 2005.

1. hey, The band im in just got an offer to be endorced by halo custom guitars, have any of you ever heard of their basses? they seem nice.

2. the bass looks pretty cool at least...

3. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Hey my band got an endorsement offer from them too. They look like they have some nice stuff, but we just decided that we didnt want to have to only play a certain brand of guitar or bass. That and the fact that we were going to have to pay for the parts of the instruments, so I said f*** no lol

4. you had to only play their guitars and basses? it said that we had to do it from time to time live. true you have to pay, but for a wicked low cost, 700 dollar guitar for like 300 isnt that bad, do u get a chance to play any of the basses or guitars?

5. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    But they have "One bass to blah blah blah." It's a LP ripoff. I don't care how the thing sounds. Why would a custom guitar manufacturer that has been making them for 15 years only have 1 bass to choose. :confused:

-Eric.

6. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Yup, I was thinking like Eric, I wouldnt buy that bass all customized if it cost me $100. And then not to be able to play my Stingray, and Geddy Lee Jazz. I said f*** it, my guitarists agreed too so we decided rather than to waste money on more gear, even if it is cheaper, we would rather use that money for something that would better us, maybe a new PA, or merch.

7. dude, you can play other brand basses on the contract, it says you only have to use the halo bass once in a while. so you could still use you geddy and stingray or whatever.

8. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Well then my stupid guitarist must have read sumthing wrong, doesnt change the fact that I still wouldnt buy that bass, custom or not.