1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ham and Cheese sammiches.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Time Monkey, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Banned

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    How lovely are you, oh ham and cheese?

Just this morning, I added eggs to your bundle and toasted you on the pan... You nourished me and put life back into my body wounded by crown royal...

Alas, the afternoon came and I was hungry yet again. But I betrayed you for a bowl of rice with veggies and tuna. I was left wanting, but had no time to try and win you back.

As I prepared for bed, I was hungry again. This time, I would not make a similar mistake.

I took you from captivity in the fridge, along with your friends mayo, cheddar, and some fancy ass french mustard I'm sure i payed far to much for.

I spread the mayo and fancy ass mustard onto the bread, followed by a slice of cheddar. I then grab you, oh ham, and opened your package and lay 6 slices, folded as to fit the bread. On top of you, one more slice of cheddar and top it off with another piece of bread adorned with mayo and fancy ass mustard.

Upon completion of comsuming you, oh ham and cheese, I am not left to want. I am satisfied, and ready to make a ridiculous thread on the internet about it before I go to bed.

Thank you, Ham and Cheese. You are a good American.

:help:

2. JakeAndAirwaves

JakeAndAirwaves

Jun 3, 2011
    TX
    New song. Write and perform.

3. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
  4. NOT

NOT

Jul 15, 2011
    Awesome stuff. Both the combination of Ham and Cheese, and Time Monkey's post.

5. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I still much prefer a plain old grilled cheese.

6. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Mmmmm...

7. Ham and chesse sandwich
    makes my psyche right at night
    now for mountain dew

8. a sandwich with bacon
    is what I plan on making
    soon when I get home

9. I'm still waiting for the rest of the internet to catch on our sandwich innuendo. Were so ahead of the curve *flips hair*

10. Kevin Hailey

Kevin Hailey

Oct 24, 2011
    Brooklyn NY
    Please for ham and cheese
    And a bit of tomato
    'twixt rye bread happy.

11. The grilled cheese sammich
    Does things no Ham and cheese could
    Commence the mouth hug

12. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    The ham and cheese meld
    Embracing each other tight
    Serve mine toasted please

13. This one time, not at band camp, I made French toast- w/ham & cheese betwixt two slices. AWE. SOME.

14. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I did this recently, too. Ham and cheese between slices of french toast is awesome indeed.

That said, ham and cheese - not matter how it's built - is no replacement for a well-made grilled cheese sandwich.

15. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I think that's a Monte Carlo sandwich!

16. Sounds right- it's too damn good an idea for it to be original/mine. Wait, though- I think it's actually a *Monte Cristo*
    Anyway, on grilled cheese sammitches- I have an ongoing fantasy involving a typical fantasy ;);) augmented by a healthy portion of whatever food one might typically compare w/sex. A Monte-Christo sammitch+GCS, tray of REALLY good sushi on someone's back, on all fours...

17. I thought that was two Chevys that wrecked.

18. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    If I weren't at work , I'd chop two Chevy Chases crashing into each other.

19. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Monte Cristo, according to my search.

20. I said it first. :)